Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 Ultimate Team

Options
  • 05-10-2010 11:23am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So FIFA 11 Ultimate Team has just been announced with a release date of November, and the best news is this year is FREE.

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/fifa-11-sales-ultimate-team-2
    EA SPORTS also announced that FIFA 11 Ultimate Team, one of the most played, dynamic and connected modes within the FIFA franchise, will now be available for free* on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systemand Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system this November.
    “We’re thrilled at how fans embraced FIFA 11 last weekend, and we are excited to be able to offer one of our most popular game modes – FIFA 11 Ultimate Team – for free this November,” said Peter Moore, President of EA SPORTS. “This is a landmark achievement for EA SPORTS – we’ve shattered sales records at retail, critics are praising FIFA 11 as being one of the most authentic and innovative titles ever, and fans are connecting and competing with other gamers around the world and have logged a record number of online connected game sessions.”

FIFA 11 Ultimate Team challenges gamers to build a squad of the world's best football stars by earning, buying, selling and even trading players with other Ultimate Team gamers around the world. They can strategically craft squads to get the best chemistry and team rating, and then take them onto the pitch to compete in online and single-player tournaments which are updated weekly.

FIFA 11 Ultimate Team delivers a number of major changes as requested by gamers. Gamers can now pit their ultimate team directly against their friends' best squads in Play A Friend online matches—the No. 1 requested new feature. Plus, when away from their consoles gamers can engage in the full auction and trading system on the web through an enhanced Ultimate Team web app which links directly to the FIFA 11 Ultimate Team console experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I was addicted to Ultimate Team 09.....similiarly to Ultimate Team 10(for a while), I asbolutely love the mode (although, when I heard about it first, I thought it was a rubbish concept).

Even if this is free, I won't be playing it unless they fix that ridiculous thing, where if your opponent quits, you don't get the win. Its a joke. It worries me how anyone could possibly think that that was a good design decision. Its the only reason I stopped playing UT'10. It came to the stage where the only match I could finish, were the ones I was losing.

It does worry me, that the pro clubs has so many problems (disconnects, lag, match searching), etc. and now they are chucking another mode on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its about time they added the ability to play your friends and i'm liking that you'll be able to buy and sell players on a dedicated website instead of using my 360. i think that's going to make it alot more addictive, this is the feature im most looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ah for fúck's sake...the problem now is there's too many modes in Fida..
    you're barely getting into the Virtual Pro online and suddenly everyone's off playing the league matches.
    Then UT comes out and everyone sods off playing that...just look at Fifa 10 last year and the threads on the Fifa section...they all followed this progression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Ultimate team has been given a release date for the 3rd November and as of now you can start building your team online http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app. you also get two free gold packs if you've downloaded previous versions of ultimate team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

wow, i have got 3 packs already and cant even play it yet. some ok players, gyan, loverkands and Khedira
    fairly laughable that the auctions are open but no tokens available really to try and buy something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

mailrewop wrote: »
    its about time they added the ability to play your friends and i'm liking that you'll be able to buy and sell players on a dedicated website instead of using my 360. i think that's going to make it alot more addictive, this is the feature im most looking forward to.

I found it very easy to play a friend on UT10. Just add them as a preferred player and then search for match at same time. Never failed to pair me with my friend.

Sure it's not the ideal way but it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Wow i opened my two gold packs there and got amazing players :D

Ronaldo (The fat one), Carrick and 2 Andrey Vorronin ffs!!!

Ridgewell (82) was the best player in my 2 gold packs. Great...

I only got about 4 players over the 2 packs!

Just been doing to some wheeling and dealing, something important to note that EA seem to take 20% of any coins you get from selling cards.

Parawind wrote: »
    Wow i opened my two gold packs there and got amazing players :D

Ronaldo (The fat one), Carrick and 2 Andrey Vorronin ffs!!!

some coins in Carrick surely...

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    some coins in Carrick surely...

2,500 coins for him minus EA's 20% so not as much as i had hoped for but i wasn't going to use him anyway.

think id have kept him, the market is near non-existant still.

how come EA have introduced 20% selling fee AND Bid tokens? the wheeling and dealing is probably the game's core strength, why try and damage that?

how come EA have introduced 20% selling fee AND Bid tokens? the wheeling and dealing is probably the game's core strength, why try and damage that?

To get you to spend microsoft points on gold packs!

Bid tokens were around on FUT 10 but only on the browser based auctions. Are they going to be introduced in to the game this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

mailrewop wrote: »
    Ultimate team has been given a release date for the 3rd November and as of now you can start building your team online http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app. you also get two free gold packs if you've downloaded previous versions of ultimate team.

Sounds like a good buzz but when I followed the link above & entered my login, its telling me i don't have FUT 09 or FUT 10 team. Is it that I can't register a team till nov 3rd because of this?

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ballybunionlad

Anyone know how to access your club in the online mode.

I want to put some stuff like formation cards and stuff for sale. Can't find them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭djayforza

i signed on and had the same problem it seems all my fifa history has been wiped clear none of my videos i have uploaded or anything ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Ultimate Team is up now to download foaks, have to go to work soon though :(
    I'll hold off till later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

dying to play this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

How to make fans forget about all the bugs in FIFA 11.

Guy 1: Can we order chinese?

Boss: Yes, we can.

Guy 2: How about instead of working on patching the game and fixing all the glitches people have told us about, we release Ultimate Team for free?

Boss: GREAT IDEA!

Guy 2: Does this mean I can get a desert with my chinese?

Boss: NO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Where do you get it?its not in my main menu or in the fifa store:confused: i evev had to do an update for fifa yesterday!

Where do you get it?its not in my main menu or in the fifa store:confused: i evev had to do an update for fifa yesterday!

Its on the XBL dashboard when you turn on your Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Oh sorry forgot this was xbox..i have a ps3!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive started well, in the final of the World Class cup with a poor-ish team.

The noteable players I got in my free gold packs were Gervinho and Pepe... oh and Liam Miller :D

Have signed Anthony Stokes and Maniche. As always, the Trading market is where the fun is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Have 20k now, aqualani and a squad of bronze players on PS3, loving it :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

never played this before. will give it a shot becuase its free. Is it just like swapping premier league stickers?

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    never played this before. will give it a shot becuase its free. Is it just like swapping premier league stickers?

Sort of yes but you then play with the team you've create and try to win games/tournaments, which in turn earn you coins to buy more/better players.

Bought 2 gold packs today and got Vidic, Nani, Gourcuff and Raul Albiol in them. I've never had such a good pack. Set me off on a good footing. I've already a really good team with everyone, bar one, over the 80 mark.

I'm not a fan of the 'Play a Friend' feature. Last year me and my cousin constantly played against each other by simply pressing 'advance' at the same time. Never failed to get paired against each other providing we had the same star rating for our teams. The new mode however doesn't give you any coins for winning/losing so it's a bit pointless.

I'm sure it doesn't do that so people we have no incentive to cheat the system and win/lose on purpose, but you can still play a friend for coins by doing the method I mentioned above so they're not really cancelling this out. It's just creating a 'nothing' mode. The ONLY advantage of it is that I can play against my friends who have crap '3 star' teams and I can beat them with my '5 star' team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Playing it so far and really liking the concept. How does the trading of players work? Like surely its not a case that only one team can have a player, there are no duplicates?!

Also rather than saving up to buy a silver pack, can you just purchase silver players until your team is a silver listed one? If so how many silver players do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Do you get the win when your opponent quits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Do you get the win when your opponent quits?

ye but has to be after the 5 minute mark

Advertisement