Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 11 Ultimate Team

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is anyone trying to get that gold offer that they said would be up at 6? Been clicking on it for ages and says it's not available.

now it says it's sold out? It hardly sold out at 1 minute past 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

got to an online final today only to face a real madrid/Barcelona dream team with Messi/Villa/Ronaldo etc. Is that even possible at this stage without some major cheating? The team was chelsea xi if you wish to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

niallk wrote: »
    got to an online final today only to face a real madrid/Barcelona dream team with Messi/Villa/Ronaldo etc. Is that even possible at this stage without some major cheating? The team was chelsea xi if you wish to avoid it.

its possible with some 59min trading. I'm up to 135,000 in coins. yet to build a team tho but making coins quite easily

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Downloaded this yesterday, I got the two free goal packs. Two packs full of absolute knob. Juan Pablo Angel and Walter Gargano were the only "decent" things between both packs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

redman85 wrote: »
    its possible with some 59min trading. I'm up to 135,000 in coins. yet to build a team tho but making coins quite easily

Please share how you make that kind of money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Lamposts wrote: »
    Please share how you make that kind of money!

ummm you set your Buy It Now to the amount of coins you have. Then select gold and then skip to the page where the trading is at 59minutes (new trades) and keep refreshing till a bargain pops up. I got nani for 10000 and sold for 25000 minutes later and so on. pain in the hole getting to the 59th minute page....takes about half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

has anyone played against these c*nts that are able to switch themselves onto your team before kick off and proceed to score own goals, has happened to me twice, the secdon time just now in the final :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Iceboy wrote: »
    ye but has to be after the 5 minute mark

i quit out before the 5 min mark by turning off the xbox but lost the tournament match. the guy was cheating by controlling my players. happened to me twice tonight, ill give up UT if the patch doesnt fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

has anyone played against these c*nts that are able to switch themselves onto your team before kick off and proceed to score own goals, has happened to me twice, the secdon time just now in the final :/
    If you check their gamertag before the game you can avoid these cnuts. If their status says "Playing FUT Tournament", they're fine; if it says "Watching FUT Tournament", they're probably cheating. Of course we shouldn't have to do this but we do.

Iceboy wrote: »
    ye but has to be after the 5 minute mark

In Ultimate Team? Are you sure? Just had two lads quit on me, didn't get the win either time. Looks like that'll be the end of Ultimate Team for me so. What a ridiculous design decision. ****ing ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

I've had a few people quit on me and have always gotten the win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

This game is annoying as ****... near impossible to get many points or win as ive only just started it now and nearly every team I come up against has a top player (ronaldo,messi,rooney,kaka etc) and they just abuse that player by passing to him and running etc.

bonescap wrote: »
    I've had a few people quit on me and have always gotten the win

Not so for me...wtf?

This is my current side:

Formation: 4-4-2

Manager: Giovanni Trappatoni

GK: Joe Hart
    DR: Alan Hutton
    DC: Chris Smalling
    DC: Richard Dunne
    DL: Paul Konchesky
    MR: Ricardo Quaresma
    MC: Anderson
    MC: Stephen Ireland
    ML: Damien Duff
    ST: Yakubu
    ST: Nicola Zigic

Subs: Zoran Tosic, Ji-Sung Park, Mikel San Jose, David De Gea, Jonathon De Guzman, Darron Gibson, Walter Gargano, Mame Biram Diouf

My marquee signing was Stephen Ireland (2,000 coins), could have got him for 1,500 but the 2,000 BIN was 4-4-2. Thinking of it like that, I really got a 4-4-2 formation card for 500 coins.

I got Hart 1,200 BIN which was an absolute steal. 4-4-2 Anderson for 1,100 BIN. Can't remember what I paid for Quaresma, but it wasn't more than 2,000. Most of the others were got for less than 1,000. Only one player I got from a gold pack (Zigic).

Its fairly solid, Smalling and Dunne are strong and good in the air, Zigic is a f*cking monster in the air, Yakubu is strong and has a bit of pace, Stephen Ireland is excellent.

Only had 2 people quit on me in about 20 games online which isn't bad, but I didnt get the win either time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

This is my team at the minute. Really happy with it. Got lucky in my first couple of packs and it went nicely from there. Considering getting Anelka up front and then maybe Ligue 1 based CAM to boost the chemistry with Hazard/Remy on RM.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#c3708cJH979u

Anyone else having problems with freezing at the end of some UT games? its absolutely killing me, my DNF has gone right down cause i've had to quit on freezes that i'm winning.

this is the team i'm playin with at the min: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#fFz65NtC98pR

Also use this SRFC team sometimes: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#cUQa2KmJ94fJ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyone else having problems with freezing at the end of some UT games? its absolutely killing me, my DNF has gone right down cause i've had to quit on freezes that i'm winning.

this is the team i'm playin with at the min: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#fFz65NtC98pR

Also use this SRFC team sometimes: http://www.ea.com/uk/football/fifa-ultimate-team/app#cUQa2KmJ94fJ

Hey I have 3 /wolfsburg players if you want them. Ziani, Madlung and Schafer

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Playing on PS3 but it's probably the same for Xbox.

Does anyone find the matchmaking very off? Like I was playing the other night as my 1.5 star team and twice in a row I was paired against a 3.5 and 4 star team. Surely it should try match you against someone close to your current skill level. Coming up against the likes of A. Young and Amauri when your best player is Simon Davies is a bit of a pain :o

Managed to get a decent team together now though, in one gold pack I got Cambiasso and Muntari so my central midfield is solid as fcuk now.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Playing on PS3 but it's probably the same for Xbox.

Does anyone find the matchmaking very off? Like I was playing the other night as my 1.5 star team and twice in a row I was paired against a 3.5 and 4 star team. Surely it should try match you against someone close to your current skill level. Coming up against the likes of A. Young and Amauri when your best player is Simon Davies is a bit of a pain :o

Managed to get a decent team together now though, in one gold pack I got Cambiasso and Muntari so my central midfield is solid as fcuk now.

I'm always matched with similar teams? At every stage I've been thrown up against teams that are very, very similarly rated to mine.

I haven't seen any of the "big" players yet, but then again, I haven't chanced a tournament yet.

Injuries are a killer. In one game last night, I had both my strikers (Yak & Carew) injured. I brought on Saha for the next game, and he gets injured too. Quaresma is out injured also (he is a walking sick note)...if I do a skill move to get past a defender and get fouled in the process, Quaresma gets injured. Duff is quite partial to the odd injury too.

Im playing with a Serie A XI

Formation 4-3-3

Manager - Ancelotti

GK - Buffon

RB - Zanetti
    CB - Nesta
    CB - Chiellini
    LB - Riise (There really is a lack of a good LB in Serie A)

CM - Pirlo
    CM - Di Rossi
    CM - Hamsik

RW - Krasic
    ST - Ibrahimovic
    LW - Di Natale

Subs - De Sanctis, Gamberini, Santon, Montilivo, Totti, Ronaldinho, Cassano

Only player I'm looking for is Wesley Sneijder to take Hamsiks place but its going to take a while to build up the coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Minatauro

ist there anyone here that can help me out before i go mental. Im playing UT and ive built a decent team and my back four are ok
    frey
    chivu - cordoba - nesta- dabo
    rafhina - de rossi - pizzaro - vargas
    totti - lavezzi

Not too bad a team but I am getting beat by silver and struggling with bronze teams because of a few things:

the one twos through the centre of my defence.(defenders are like statues)

the one two and chip over cb for striker through on goal.(defender can never catch up????)

the winger rampaging down the wing who i can never knock off the ball.

Now I have tried the same manoeuvers on my opponents but it never works. I have lavezzi through on goal with 10 yards advantage but cb (even slower bronze ones ) always catches up.

any experts out there to help combat these tactics or tell me how to hold of defenders as im always easily muscled off the ball.

thanks.

• Advertisement

Minatauro wrote: »
    Now I have tried the same manoeuvers on my opponents but it never works. I have lavezzi through on goal with 10 yards advantage but cb (even slower bronze ones ) always catches up.

thanks.

You probably know this already but after every match you play your players fitness goes down so its best to have a good squad so you can switch players and give them a rest.

That's the only reason why I would think bronze CBs are catching up with your players.

is anyone else having a problem getting onto UT? i keep getting a message saying cannot connect to EA server but i can play normal matches no problem

is anyone else having a problem getting onto UT? i keep getting a message saying cannot connect to EA server but i can play normal matches no problem

Ye I've been getting the same message since yesterday evening.

I tried this and it worked for me:

'' Hi Guys i talked to there service providing people they told me to take your modem out for 10-15minutes let it rest , then whilst thats doing reset clock to 15/11/2005 but when i tried this it failed , The guy also mentioned a service mainanence when i was speaking to him at 11pm Uk time , but im on it now 10:20am and i still cant connect . So theres half the answer . Just wondering how big a service maintaince is. 136dd33cba83140c7ce38db096d05aed.gif''

Advertisement