Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up An Account - Proof Of Address?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭

Hey I am setting up just a personal AIB bank account, but they say they need proof of address, I brought a little CAO thing that I didn't think they would accept as its from 2 years ago. But I dont seem to have anything else with my name on it. I am wondering is their any way I can get proof of my address today at all? She said get a tax assessment from the Government but I am guessing that will take any number of weeks and ideally I need to set up the account today.
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Have you never received a bill of any kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

If you have a Credit Union account ask them to print a statement which will contain your address on it. This was acceptable to my local AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

No neither of them, after looking through everything here turning everything inside out (Live with the parents so no bills really) and nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

What you could do is get one of your folks to come in as co- signee on the account. That would be the quickest way to get it done today.

What you could do is get one of your folks to come in as co- signee on the account. That would be the quickest way to get it done today.

Even though I am 20 would that work? Do you not have to be under 18 or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I think if you go to the social welfare office and ask them to print a letter with your PPS number it will have your address details.

Thanks very much Jet_Black I went up to the office there and asked about a proof of address letter and the guy said yeah no problem, have to go back up and get it. Thanks :D

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Another thing you can use is if you're registered to vote, they can look you up on the electoral register and print that off.

Advertisement