Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braces!

Options
  • 05-10-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for an Orthodontist in Kilkenny or nearby? I know that some can be that bit cheaper than others. Cost is important.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Surely the cost is wholly dependant on what work you need done?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Surely the cost is wholly dependant on what work you need done?

Yes and no.

Up till last year there was a substantial difference in the price of braces quoted for between Kilkenny and say, Waterford or Clonmel. Many people found it more cost-effective to go out of Kilkenny and that was including the cost of travelling every few months. I don't know about whether the Orthodontists in Kilkenny have decreased their prices recently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I've Michael Ormon, he will give you the price up front with no future add ons. heard from a good few people that the other guy in Kilkenny will always add on prices for things.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

femur61 wrote: »
    I've Michael Ormon, he will give you the price up front with no future add ons. heard from a good few people that the other guy in Kilkenny will always add on prices for things.

Myself and my brother both used Michael Ormond. Also only had to pay once with no add-ons

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I paid the guts of 5 grand. My teeth are Hollywood style now, quite dear but worth it. I got it done with that crowd up the castle road they moved from beside Ormond college up there recently. Its a whole new building. I paid €500 quarterly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I €4,000 for Michael Ormonde. Thats includes the 10% when I paid up front.

Advertisement