Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help To fix Puncture!!!

• 05-10-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I really need some help and quick!
    Was out walking at weekend looking for conkers and got a puncture in my Quinny buggy. my partner tried to fix it but there seems to be numerous holes, 3 for definite and now maybe more. i think we need a new tube. i am useless at that kind of thing and my partner has lost his rag with it.
    I really need the buggy as am already missing my daily walks. Does anyone know where we can get a new tube for a Quinny buggy and is there any place you can bring it to for them to fix it? does that place out by Harvey Normans do it?
    thanks so much.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Is there a bike repair shop close by? They might be able to sort you out.

You could also try YouTube for an instructional video.

Third option would be to buy a cheap pushchair (I don't know how old your child is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

EurocyclesEuroBaby should be able to fix it for you, failing that, Tony Kealys will :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

ah God, i love my buggy, don't tell me i have to get rid of it!!
    i dont know where Tom Kealy is. i live in Waterford.
    will be gutted if can't fix it soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

mozattack wrote: »
    ah God, i love my buggy, don't tell me i have to get rid of it!!
    i dont know where Tom Kealy is. i live in Waterford.
    will be gutted if can't fix it soon.

We got a puncture in our Quinny on it's first ever trip outdoors!!:D

There are replacements available my local bike shop sold me a replacement tube for a go-kart and it was a perfect fit. I'll give them a call and find out what size tube it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Mr Magners

Mr Magners wrote: »
    We got a puncture in our Quinny on it's first ever trip outdoors!!:D

There are replacements available my local bike shop sold me a replacement tube for a go-kart and it was a perfect fit. I'll give them a call and find out what size tube it was.

Just phoned them there.

Is your Quinny a 3 wheeler with solid wheels at the front and two inflatable wheels?

If so, go to any bike shop (I think) and get a 12" replacement tube. There are kids bikes on the market with 12" wheels so a replacement tube should be easy to find. Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The size of the tube you need is written on the side of the tyre.

Any bike shop would do it 5 mins, if they have the tube.

Thats a lot of punctures for one trip. I don't think I've had that many in 3yrs on bike or the buggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Thanks so much everyone

took it to halfords and they fixed it for me - so delighted. am back on the road now. yippee:D

Advertisement