Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gastric Band Surgery

Options
  • 05-10-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just wondering if there is anybody out there who's had a gastric band fitted? I'm looking for people to chat to who've had it done and is finding the process extremely difficult. I had it done about 2 1/2 years ago and I went the cheap (€10,000!!) route and had surgery in Belguim. However there is no support network to fall back on in Ireland and I feel I've been making a stab in the dark at things since!

If you've had it done please let me know your experience or if you know of somebody who's had it done.

Anyone have anything to share on the subject?confused.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sallymae

i know two people that have had it done and they are fine now few problems but ok now if you want to know anything in part ask me i know alot about it

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BLUEBIRD39

sallymae wrote: »
    i know two people that have had it done and they are fine now few problems but ok now if you want to know anything in part ask me i know alot about it

Great stuff Sallymae....I've loads of questions! Would love to know how many times they had their band filled and by how much on each occasion. Also how many mills they now have in their band. Also what kind of food they could in the begining and what they can eat now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lowlow

My friend had a gastric band fitted by a company calling itself the Haven - she had a consultation in an apartment in stillorgan and went and had the surgery abroa. d somewhere (hungary I think) but the doctor who was suppose to do all her fills (she paid 2500 for this) disappeared. She went to Cosmedico in Wicklow and they are now looking after this for her. Apparently they are carrying out the surgery there. Hope you find this info useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

I had the band fitted 2 years ago
    Any questions, please ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 starandmoon

Hi, I am having a gastric lap band done saturday, just wondering the people who have them in a few years how are ye getting on.any regrets????.Also is it very painful post op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Gems149

I had the band fitted 2 years ago
    Any questions, please ask
    Hi edenbridge I have spent the last year or so thinking of getting a band I have done a lot of research but still have second thoughts how did you find it?? Would you recommend it?? The company I have the appointment with carry out the op in the UK and after care here just very nervous about the whole thing thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 giuly

I had my gastric band removed in august and I m still not healed,but i dont regret having it and if i could (can't) i would do it again or possible a sleeve

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gems149

giuly wrote: »
    I had my gastric band removed in august and I m still not healed,but i dont regret having it and if i could (can't) i would do it again or possible a sleeve
    What is the differance between a sleeve and a band?? How long did you have the band for??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 giuly

I had it for around 2years before it eroded in my stomach.band is a plastic ring placed around your stomach restricting your food intake,while the sleeve is a more permanent solution as part of your stomach is cut off (but it might stretch overtime),sleeve plication is like the normal sleeve but the stomach is not cut out,folded in itself and stitched.hope this helps

Advertisement