Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small FM Transmitter

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

on southcoast radio durning the 90's the listeners would often ring in to find out what the dj's were smoking but i never found any of the said brands in the local shops:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Whether or not any stations advertised these products or not or were even allowed to, which I believe they were at the time, Nova made the point to the public that they did not endorse this products.

If they werent allowed to and none of their competitors (bar maybe Luxembourg) were doing it what was the difference whether or not they made a point of telling everyone they didnt do it.

I mean I havent killed anyone this week :pac: but I (generally) dont feel the need to let everyone know in order to make a big virtue out of the fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    If they werent allowed to and none of their competitors (bar maybe Luxembourg) were doing it what was the difference whether or not they made a point of telling everyone they didnt do it.
    Ok, they were allowed to, they choose not to.
    They were cultivating a certain image of themselves.
    The latest broadcasting technology,
    The use of computers for playlisting,
    Non promotion of alcohol,
    Paying relevant taxes,
    offering to pay royalties;)

It makes no difference whether any other station were doing the same, Nova made sure the press knew that they were.

yada,yada,yada....:pac:

Advertisement