Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balrothery: Barbers and Butchers

Options
  • 05-10-2010 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Just back from my usual barbers. Dee's in Stamullen. He told me that he is opening the barbers in Balrothery beside the chipper. Reckons should be open by the end of the month. Will be open on Mondays as well.
    Dee worked for a long time with Shane in Shaves in Balbriggan and is an excellent barber.
    He also informed me that the butchers that is beside him in Stamullen is moving to Balrothery as well but doesnt know when.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Like grey is the 'new' black, is Balrothery the 'new' Stamullen?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Like grey is the 'new' black, is Balrothery the 'new' Stamullen?

I think this is a ridiculous comment!! So any village in the Dublin commute belt that has a few services is the new Stamullen??? duh!!

It would be great to have the two remaining units in Castlekeep occupied with a Barber and Butcher.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dow99 wrote: »

I think this is a ridiculous comment!! So any village in the Dublin commute belt that has a few services is the new Stamullen??? duh!!

It would be great to have the two remaining units in Castlekeep occupied with a Barber and Butcher.
    Would it have made any difference to you if HB had put a smiley at the end of his post?

I certainly took it as a tongue in cheek comment, based on the OP's statement that 2 separate (and presumably independent) businesses were each looking to relocate from Stamullen to Balrothery. I don't see it in any way as having a "dig" at either town.

Hi there Dow99! You have read way too much into my light-hearted comment. There was no offence intended to either community. Duh!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

where is that facepalm image.....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Good Luck to Dee.... when I lived in Balbriggan I always used shaves, Dee is your only man for decent cut. Havent made it to stamullan though as there is enough in Swords.

Balrothery could do with him, I seem to remember a Hippy problem up that way :D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Balrothery could do with him, I seem to remember a Hippy problem up that way :D

Well I can think of two straight off ...;)

(although it sounds as if one has just had his hair cut, and the other was definitely sporting short back and sides a couple of hours ago)

Beasty wrote: »
    Well I can think of two straight off ...;)

(although it sounds as if one has just had his hair cut, and the other was definitely sporting short back and sides a couple of hours ago)

Oh to live the life of a hippy...:cool:
    as for the 'other one'!! well he had long hair till his missus found out what he was up to in the cycling forum and he ended up like that..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 p1x1e

will be great to see those units in use :-) looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭dubmick

p1x1e wrote: »
    will be great to see those units in use :-) looking forward to it

Agreed. There is a sign up saying that a butchers is coming soon.

On another note, the new Costcutter shop is excellent. The staff are very friendly and the prices seem to be decent for a convenience store.

• Advertisement

Anyone else slightly perturbed at the prospect of barbers and butchers in adjacent premises?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

bcmf wrote: »
    He also informed me that the butchers that is beside him in Stamullen is moving to Balrothery as well but doesnt know when.
    Beasty wrote: »
    I certainly took it as a tongue in cheek comment, based on the OP's statement that 2 separate (and presumably independent) businesses were each looking to relocate from Stamullen to Balrothery.

As far as I am aware, both of these businesses are expanding by opening additional outlets. They are not "moving" or "relocating" from Stamullen to Balrothery. In the current climate this is a brave step (was going to say "move" but thought better of it) and I hope they do very well in both locations.

Fair dues and best of luck to them.

Benjy wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, both of these businesses are expanding by opening additional outlets. They are not "moving" or "relocating" from Stamullen to Balrothery. In the current climate this is a brave step (was going to say "move" but thought better of it) and I hope they do very well in both locations.

Cant speak for the butchers but yes this is expansion of Dee's barbers. According to Dee he will be there on Mondays and another guy will be there the rest of the week while Dee looks after the Stamullen shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭rpurfield

Cant speak for the butchers but yes this is expansion of Dee's barbers. According to Dee he will be there on Mondays and another guy will be there the rest of the week while Dee looks after the Stamullen shop.

glad to hear it.i used to always go into shaves when i was in school and working in balbriggan and was delighted when dee opened up in stamullen as it was right on my doorstep.i know he gets a lot of lads out from balbriggan anyway so he does very well and they could go to balrothery just as easily.the butchers in stamullen does well so i would be suprised if its a re location as opposed to an expansion

Yay...barbers now open. Brought one of my sons in there yest for a chop. Great to see it open and all the best Dee.:D

Yay...barbers now open. Brought one of my sons in there yest for a chop.
    :eek:

Looks like my "Sweeney Todd" post was near the mark ... :D

knew you wouldnt be able to resist it beasty.:p:p

My money is on
    A post Office to open in Cost Cutter. Was told a few weeks back that negotiations were ongoing but having ventured in last night looks like they are starting to kit it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Used the barbers today. The shop is basic, but you dont go for the decor. Sound lad working there, and the cut was only €9, which is cheap as chips. Normally use cru in castlemill, purely for the parking. But that can be busy enough and I didnt fancy the ice around there today.
    Will defo go back to the barbers in balrothery, as the parking there is even better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement