Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bikini waxing at 4-5 weeks?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi Ladies

This might seem like a strange question but really want to be sure im not doing anything wrong by getting my usual bikini wax! is it safe to get a bikini wax at 4-5 weeks pregnant? i

know the wax doesnt go in to the skin, so thats ok, but what i mean is is it safe to be pulling hair off down there, and also by the beautician moving me about, pushing down on legs etc??

haha just reading this back to myself and i know it sounds ridiculous! i guess im just worried because i dont want to move about alot etc, or for anything to possible go wrong. does anyone have any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

When I was preg w/ #1 I was worried that slouching at the desk would hurt my lil bean...so I understand the irrational fears you have :)

Getting a wax of any sort will have absolutely no affect on your babe. Wax away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 buttercup_82

Thanks Ayla :)
    Thanks for your help! im just worrying about everything at the minute, so its reassuring to know im not the only one :)

thanks again xo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

What reassured me during the whole thing was the knowledge that women all around the world - and since man existed - did manual labour & worked *hard* everyday through their entire pregnancies. It helped keep my (comparitively) sedate lifestyle in perspective & remind me that babes-in-womb are surprisingly resiliant.

Try not to worry about everything - your baby will benefit from deep breaths & a calm nature. Plenty of time to worry once babe's out & living life :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 buttercup_82

Thanks Ayla - and you are so right! my husband keeps saying this to me, that even cave women have had babies! and i think it is a good thing to remember that. so i am going to try and relax and hopefully everything will be okay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MzFit

Ayla is right, waxing is safe. If you can tolerate the heightened pain sensitivity that is! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement