Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Otterholt still open?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'd hope not anyway, seeing as the windows are broken or boarded up.
    At a guess i'd say it's been closed for a few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Any other cheap hostels in carlow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Any other cheap hostels in carlow?

AFIAK the only other hostel in Carlow is the SVP, not what you had in mind I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 feelinfoul

is the red setter on dublin street sill open?(opposite o'loughlins)i think it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I hope it doesn't get knocked or anything. Some fantastic memories from that place.........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

The Otterholt was ordered to close by the fire service for breach of fire safety regs,

I got him a fire safety cert and once he has carried out the required works he will be subject to a final inspection before he can reopen.

Basically the place was falling apart from years of vandalism by people staying there. He has begun to repair stuff since i surveyed the place in order to draw up the plans. At the time i was last there it was in a bad state of affairs.

As it took forever to get paid by him, I can only imagine its the same for the builders that was working there. He did raise some cash though by selling some adjacent land.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Red Setter B&B on Dublin St. is good....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Last time I passed the otterholt it had a for sale sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Otterholt -anyone else remember the pink couch?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A Google search brought me here. Is it closed, or is it still open? Stayed there during college repeats once or twice, and also after random nights out on Carlow town.

It's a hole, but many good memories! I wonder did the Russians set up another hostel :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It is now open again.

Advertisement