Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted.....Coal Bunker

Options
  • 05-10-2010 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Does anyone know where i could purchase a coal bunker in the Letterkenny area? Its that time of the year again!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

That time of year again? Do you buy them annually or something?

Ummmmm think the best place would be the Donegal Creameries or Charles Kellys out by Aura. I know there is Johnsons too or whoever they are now I think they’ve changed owners or at least I think they have but if they kept most of the ones that were working there I’d stay well clear of there unless you have about 4 hours to spare

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

danniemcq wrote: »
    That time of year again? Do you buy them annually or something?

Ummmmm think the best place would be the Donegal Creameries or Charles Kellys out by Aura. I know there is Johnsons too or whoever they are now I think they’ve changed owners or at least I think they have but if they kept most of the ones that were working there I’d stay well clear of there unless you have about 4 hours to spare

LOL No i dont buy them annually, in fact i never have owed one and the other half is always saying we really need one, as the back of the house can get a bit messy.
    Cheers for the info. Just an after thought but would the majority of these place deliver it for you, as i dont have a van and it wouldnt be the easiest item to put in a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Watson Hire are the cheapest place for coal bunkers ATM i think, The creameries are doing an offer of a bunker and 3 bags of coal free, but their coal is terrible, and when you take the price of the coal off the bunker its still more expensive than watson hire, although i duno what the bunkers are actually like, only reason i know this is i know someone who was taking about buying a bunker last week...

And as for delivery, i wouldn't think so... you've plenty of names there though sure lift the phone and find out.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I'd say Kellys would deliver, they deliver stuff to sites i'm pretty sure so they bound too

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Tinneys will deliver as well and prob have the best coal about in my opinion. And depending where you live you might want to get it secured to the ground and there was alot of thefts last xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

Donegal creameries 4x20kg coal plus bunker delivered in the letterkenny area €92 ;)

Advertisement