Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

got a job but with littles hours

• 05-10-2010 2:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭

i have just got a job there recently but i only have a 20 hour contract!! last year in a temp job a girl i worked with only had 2o hours a week and she still was able to claim off the welfare because of such low hours!! this job is in dublin city and i live out in blanchardstown and is 1hour 20 mins journey on the bus and the monthy bus ticket is 120 so i cant afford to sign back off the dole as i my mam cant barley afford to even buy the weekly food shop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

A V A wrote: »
    i have just got a job there recently but i only have a 20 hour contract!! last year in a temp job a girl i worked with only had 2o hours a week and she still was able to claim off the welfare because of such low hours!! this job is in dublin city and i live out in blanchardstown and is 1hour 20 mins journey on the bus and the monthy bus ticket is 120 so i cant afford to sign back off the dole as i my mam cant barley afford to even buy the weekly food shop

if the 20 hours are done in 3 days you can sign on for the other days but if the hours are spread over the full week i think you may not get anything....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

may ask why is it different if my hours are spread out over a week?? whats so different if its in 3 days

Stupid social welfare rules. Theoretically, the other 2 days you should be looking for a full time job. It's a very out-dated system.

I also have casual labour status, and the one thing that really grates is that doing 3/4 hours in a day is the same as doing 8/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Just to add, if you are working 3 days and trying to claim for the other 3 days, you either have to have enough stamps or be means tested.

If, for any reason you are not entitled to a job seekers payment then you won't be able to claim for the other 3 days.

The stupid rule about not being able to claim for if you work 20 hrs over 5 days is a major problem for retail and catering as those business are often looking for someone for lunch cover ie 5x4hr shifts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Working 4 day a week is classed as full time, even if you only do 4 hours a week.

Really silly social welfare system, better off € unemployed than working part time more than 3 days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement