Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality Officer Elections - Wednesday October 6th

Options
  • 05-10-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My name is Seán Carroll and I’m a 2nd year student studying Industrial Biochemistry. I’ve been involved in the Students Union since I first came to UL and was the elected class representative for my class last year. During this time I gained invaluable experience and I think I would make an exceptional Equality Officer.
    If elected I hope to:
    · Provide more awareness around campus on the difficulties facing people with disabilities. I hope to work with the Welfare Officer in raising awareness around campus to help students overcome the problems and pressures that face them in everyday life. People are designed for many things, loneliness isn’t one of them.
    · Last year equality week was good, this year I want to make it even better. Culture Day last year had a Spanish theme. This year I want to showcase a wider variety of international dance and music by doing a mash ups on the night, bringing everywhere from Cuba, Cambodia and everywhere in between to campus.
    · By working with Out In UL I want to help resolve any issues faced in everyday life by the LGBT community. I also hope to represent other groups on campus like The Travelling Community and students of every age. I want everyone to feel comfortable in UL and want every student to know there is a place for them on our campus.

Any questions, just shout :)

Issued by Sarah Dowd, Campaign Manager for Seán Carroll.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Why did Sean not come on here himself?

No disrespect, but If I have questions for Sean, I don't want Sarah to be answering them, I want Sean to be answering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'm going to suggest that Sean did post that, and that Sarah's message on the bottom has to be placed on all election material...it was the same for DJCR last year when he I was putting up PSA election stuff...its just policy...I stand to be corrected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Mossin wrote: »
    I'm going to suggest that Sean did post that, and that Sarah's message on the bottom has to be placed on all election material...it was the same for DJCR last year when he I was putting up PSA election stuff...its just policy...I stand to be corrected though.

This is exactly the case. That has to be on all election material regardless of whether it's electronic or paper.

Advertisement