Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling 076 VOIP numbers from O2

• 05-10-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Currently, I don't seem to be able to call 076 numbers from my O2 mobile, which I used to be able to do. Anybody any suss on this? Is it possible with the other mobile operators?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I have no problems ..... maybe it was because Blueface service was down that you were unable to call for a time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 divi8

I have a similar issue. O2 say they have not made any changes to Voip calls and it may be a handset issue?

Has yours resolved itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Merjock

Yes, back working as of today. I was in touch with ComReg about it, in case O2 had decided to cease connectivity to these numbers. They were quite helpful. Still not sure whether it was a Blueface or O2 problem, though.

ComReg were back onto me today. Apparently it was a connectivity issue
    between O2 and UPC that caused the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 divi8

Yet again, unable to call 076 from my O2 mobile :confused::mad: It was working at the weekend but it's failing again.

• Advertisement

Still working here!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boarderuser

From an O2 phone, Is anyone else having problems calling Ireland VOIP numbers which start with 076, a number you can test this on is

076 602 0000

It is a landline number by the way. I have called my landline at the above service number with no joy, also two other O2 customers on seperate mobiles have called my personal 076 number to no avail but when i call it from another landline or vodafone phone it connects fine.

For any O2 support reading this can you address this as a priority as no one on O2 can call 076 numbers it would seem.

Thanks in Advance
    Boarderuser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I tried my own VOIP number from an O2 mobile and received the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boarderuser

Mine is working now also looks like the addressed the issue.

Thanks for checking. It was off the air for over two days.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

@Boarderuser This thread is over a year old.

I've just tried an 076 from my O2 mobile and its connects without a problem.

An 076 number by the way, Boarderuser is a Voice over Internet Protocol phone number. They were created as Comreg saw a need for a voip range to be added to the pstn. They are not landline numbers, but can be dialled from a landline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement