Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM vs ME

• 05-10-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys,

am curious about how far eircom will go?

Firstly ive been an eircom costumer for over 6 years and been having so much problems ,i have had four different places to Live (itchy feet :rolleyes: ) and
    complained so much about the broadband in every house ,the usual, even getting business package from them with no joy. From 12pm till 3am i couldnt get more the 2mb AND PAYING FOR 7MB!!

So one day vodafone came knocking and said they would give my my 7mb and no line rental for 45euro compared to 65euro eircom.

So i changed over and havnt looked back since :D but genuinely not realizing eircom are talking me to court for 165 euro disconnection fee.
    On my side i got a letter from them saying we noticed you have switched
    provider if this is wrong please contact us.Another letter came and i throw it in the bin becos i thaught it was another spam letter like one before!!

i just got a letter today from the wolfpack
    solicitors E.G Hall & Company with a civil summons draft if i dont pay in 10 days.
    Is this a scaremongering set-up or am i in the grinder if i dont sort this out.
    Im soo mad at them for all my loyalty and them assholes do this and i really dont want to pay now for this ..........:mad:

DeMoN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,928 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Things to note:

- Broadband speeds quoted are "up to".
    - Throwing letters in the bin from providers you owe money is daft.
    - Former loyalty means nothing to big companies.

Were you still in contract with Eircom? If so, you were not entitled to change provider. If you had performance issues then these should have been escalated and if you still weren't satisfied you should have demanded a break out from your contract at no cost.

You should pay the money you owe and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You can't ignore it, although the threat to bring you to court is probably just that, a threat. Court action costs money, and probably more than you owe.

If you were within a contract with eircom, then you need to pay the termination fee. If either of the two letters you binned were a bill, then they gave you fair notice and you ignored it. They are entitled to seek the money you owe, and if you don't pay it, eircom do have the capability to disconnect your service, even though you're with Vodafone. The line belongs to them, and leaving an outstanding debt with eircom will not end well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CelticDemon

ok thanks for the replies ..

Looks like ill have to pay , everytime ive moved house , i just rolled over accounts and never thaught about the disconnection fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ptdireland

ok thanks for the replies ..

Looks like ill have to pay , everytime ive moved house , i just rolled over accounts and never thaught about the disconnection fee.

Considering it would take a couple of hundred to issue court proceedings, it would be daft for Eircom to waste that money just to get 165. EG Hall is just another desk within the Eircom building. What they sent you is a draft summons. It does not hold up to anything in court. They did not keep their side of the contract with you so tell them that and offer them 50 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

JDxtra wrote: »
    Things to note:

- Broadband speeds quoted are "up to".
    - Throwing letters in the bin from providers you owe money is daft.
    - Former loyalty means nothing to big companies.

Were you still in contract with Eircom? If so, you were not entitled to change provider. If you had performance issues then these should have been escalated and if you still weren't satisfied you should have demanded a break out from your contract at no cost.

You should pay the money you owe and move on.
    >>>>>>>>>>

Legal documents are Never served by ordinary Snail Mail

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

Hi guys,

am curious about how far eircom will go?

Firstly ive been an eircom costumer for over 6 years and been having so much problems ,i have had four different places to Live (itchy feet :rolleyes: ) and
    complained so much about the broadband in every house ,the usual, even getting business package from them with no joy. From 12pm till 3am i couldnt get more the 2mb AND PAYING FOR 7MB!!

So one day vodafone came knocking and said they would give my my 7mb and no line rental for 45euro compared to 65euro eircom.

So i changed over and havnt looked back since :D but genuinely not realizing eircom are talking me to court for 165 euro disconnection fee.
    On my side i got a letter from them saying we noticed you have switched
    provider if this is wrong please contact us.Another letter came and i throw it in the bin becos i thaught it was another spam letter like one before!!

i just got a letter today from the wolfpack
    solicitors E.G Hall & Company with a civil summons draft if i dont pay in 10 days.
    Is this a scaremongering set-up or am i in the grinder if i dont sort this out.
    Im soo mad at them for all my loyalty and them assholes do this and i really dont want to pay now for this ..........:mad:

DeMoN

I have been a UTV Internet Customer for 6 Years once I "Upgraded" to 8 MB Next Generation BB UTV Internet service disintegrated I have given them 30 days notice required to cancel. Eircom said that the smaller companies have been know to block the transfer of Broadband to the New BB Supplier if there are monies are outstanding on the Account.

I guess some people are lucky with their BB with UTV Internet and Eircom too for that matter.

You should Not have too pay if the service is substiantally substandard.

Advertisement