Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who can I complain to?

• 05-10-2010 3:39pm

I have a huge problem with Social Welfare and would like to lodge an official complaint. Does anyone know who I can complain to?

To put it briefly, my account has been closed as according to the Social, I'm doing a masters. Which is completely incorrect. It's going to take two weeks (!) apparently to sort out, and in the meantime I have rent to pay and food to buy.

I'm absolutely infuriated right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 macai

Papa Smut wrote: »
    I have a huge problem with Social Welfare and would like to lodge an official complaint. Does anyone know who I can complain to?

To put it briefly, my account has been closed as according to the Social, I'm doing a masters. Which is completely incorrect. It's going to take two weeks (!) apparently to sort out, and in the meantime I have rent to pay and food to buy.

Complaint would have to go through your local welfare office management, if your not happy with their resolution the next stop is the ombudsman.

In the meantime a visit to your community welfare officer may be able to sanction an emergency payment, if you outline your case to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 kimmybobkim

Wouldnt blame you for wanting to complain. When you get a person from welfare that isnt to pleasant they can make you feel like a piece of crap for asking for what your entitled to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

How do they think that? Like, is it completely untrue, or are you just doing something similar which they have confused as a masters?

According to the guy at the desk, it was another person with my name. Yet, they still feel the need to investigate. I have absolutely nothing to do with a masters. Or training or third level education. I recently moved over to casual labour as I have started a part time job, which hopefully will be full time in a few months (major positive being I won't have to deal with their ineptness)

You think they would have double checked the PPS no or at least contacted me to let me know they were closing my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

A registered letter of complaint to the Social Welfare Office manager should sort it out. Keep a copy to show Community Welfare Officer should you apply
    for payment to tide you over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Papa Smut wrote: »

They should pay you by cheque till it is sorted.Go back in face to face.Hope all is sorted soon.
    Keep a coy of your complaint lodged.

oops didnt see above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭lucylu19

I complained by email to the welfare about something and got a reply back saying they would resolve me issue within 14days!!!
    Better off going in to the office and telling them that you've logged an official complaint aswell.

Advertisement