If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Philips Kettle & Toaster Deals ?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Hi Ash, Nicola, John,

I will be needing a new kettle shortly, and had seen in the Argos catalogue that they had some offers on Philips kettles/toasters. I think one half price with the other or something to that affect.

I just said I would ask if you have any similar/better offers for boards members ?

Let me know.

Thanks,
    Eddie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭littleoulme

I'd be very interested in this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey all,

At the moment we have no package deals on the kettles or toasters but check out our range on http://www.philipsshop.ie/kitchenappliances.htm.

As always your Philips Shop Boards 10% Discount applies to all full retail prices.

Let me know if anything catches your eye. :D

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Thanks Nicola, thats a pity.

It seems Argos could be the winner here :(, even with our boardie 10% discount they are on a par if not cheaper from what I could see. One example, although they don't list model numbers so perhaps not an exact match?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

Eddie, Just a quick "heads up", please keep within the Charter if you're looking for a price match, ie, identify the model and and ask for a price match, otherwise threads like these end up as (unintentional) adverts for other companies. I'm leaving the link in your post above for now to let Nicola or Ash respond but this is an exception.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey eddiem74,

Just had a quick look there to see if I could sort you out. The 2 modals HD4670 and HD4671 look identical but one is 2400w and one is 3000w.

The HD4671 is the product we stock which I can do for €44.99 and is 3000w.

The HD4670 is a UK product not available to us which is 2400w.

As you say there is no modal number on the Argos site so not sure which it is.

Hopefully this helps slightly. Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Advertisement

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment:

Eddie, Just a quick "heads up", please keep within the Charter if you're looking for a price match, ie, identify the model and and ask for a price match, otherwise threads like these end up as (unintentional) adverts for other companies. I'm leaving the link in your post above for now to let Nicola or Ash respond but this is an exception.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Hi Ritz, unfortunately the argos site doesn't have a model, so I could only compare based on picture, and some data, hence why I provided the link, and made the comment it could be a different model. Looks like Nicola has helped clarify now, so feel free to adjust any posts as you deem fit.
    Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey eddiem74,

Just had a quick look there to see if I could sort you out. The 2 modals HD4670 and HD4671 look identical but one is 2400w and one is 3000w.

The HD4671 is the product we stock which I can do for €44.99 and is 3000w.

The HD4670 is a UK product not available to us which is 2400w.

As you say there is no modal number on the Argos site so not sure which it is.

Hopefully this helps slightly. Thanks a mil, Nicola.

Nicola, per your website the HD4671 is 2400w, not 3000w as you listed above right? I assume a typo?

Thanks,
    Eddie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Eddie,

We're all good here :).

Ritz.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ritz Et al,

Thanks for the posts - and apologies for the delay getting back around to you - I guess that you have prob picked up a new kettle by now ( a week without tea would be scary :eek:)

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=7594

We do have the HD4656 (pic above) available from stock which is the same one in the Argos link that I will happily do at just €34.99 and of course if you see it even cheaper we will happily price beat ANY cheaper price!

Keep me posted and apologies for the delay getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc & the Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks, believe it or not, still not picked up one. The old Philips kettle we have is just about getting us by. :o

The picture in the Argos looked closer to the HD4671 from what I could see, if only they'd only list product codes. :rolleyes:

Eddie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.