Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I finally bought Mass Effect...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭VALIS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/11650808

Joystiq Game of the Year for ME2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Damn straight , really deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Joystiq Game of the Year for ME2 biggrin.gif

From where I stand it's well deserved in IMO (I concede that I have not played all the games up for contention). Not since the heady days of Duke Nukem 3D have I replayed a game so much, as it stands I have played ME2 4 times and it even motivated me to dust off ME1 and complete it once more (on top of the original 2 times I finished it) just so my playthrough would be different in the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

I must admit I don't normally go near replaying a single player game. Don't think I've enjoyed a SP game like this since I played ff7 when I was 13.

Thing is I didn't think ME1 was all that fantastic. But the two combined together turns it into something special.

I've been replaying ME2 myself on insanity, I just love the gunplay and the atmosphere of the firefights. I think a multilayer DLC for it would be great, something like the 3 merc groups fighting each other in different game modes etc. The blue suns, the blood pack etc etc

Be interesting to see how the different classes fair against eachother and how the cover system works in a MP setting (surpessive fire actually working etc)

Also wouldnt mind a friend taking over control of Garrus or something for some coop play.

Your squad mates stupidity is really noticeable when your playing on insanity.

Advertisement