Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Tattoo.

Options
  • 05-10-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,
    I'm 15 So I No there is going to be alot of people saying why are you getting a tattoo at that age and all that but i've being talking about getting one the past 2 years..
    Where Would Anyone know could I Get tattoo on the inside of the arm With Parental Permission Or No Parental Permission? It Would Be "Once A Hoop,Always A Hoop" Or My Name In Tengwar Quenya.
    I Am Looking For A Place In Town Or Close To Dublin 12..

Thanks,
    Jordan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

You won't.

Nowhere will tattoo a 15 year old, unless you can find someone to pay to use a lighter and a sewing needle on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dj-kyosho

i no 3 fella's in my year that have one..
    One got one done in poison ink in bray,
    The Other 2 i dont no because i havent got the chance to talk to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭davi78

First - if you go to a reputable tattoo studio and you are under 18 you will not be tattooed.

Second - should you find yourself in a studio willing to tattoo a child, you should turn and leave as they are operating outside guidelines that exist for a reason.

Third - tastes change quickly when you're young, I am 32 and have over 25 hours tattoo work done on me. This includes having tattoos covered as I got them when I was 18 - 20 and I no longer liked them.

Fourth - What's your hurry? You have loads of time!!

Getting a tattoo is a big decision, certainly not one to be taken lightly. Don't rush into it because you know a guy in school that has one, or because you've been thinking about it for a couple of years. I know people who have always wanted a tattoo but they change their minds so often they never settled on a design. They are still untattooed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've always wanted tattoos and piercings since a young age. I wanted to get one at 16 but I waited. Now being 18 and having gotten my first tattoo it was definitely worth the wait! Knowing I can legitimately go into a reputable studio and get what I want. Nowhere decent will tattoo you underage. Yes I know people too who are 15/16/17 with tattoos but whether the were done safely is another question. Respect your body and wait, your skin isn't going anywhere and you have all the time in the world to get tattoos when you're older. Chances are you'll regret it less the older you are. I can be hard to wait but it's something you'll just have to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Believe me, wait... I had a tattoo idea since I was 15/16, and i waited 7 years 'til I was 24 to get it done. Thing is, if I'd gotten that design done at 15 it would have been one colour and really small and plain... the years I waited let me decide on a different style and colour scheme and it is awesome.

Believe me, waiting is not a bad thing.... all the good artists won't touch you, and what's the point getting a crap one to tattoo you???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Any place willing to tattoo a child is not somewhere you want to trust not to give you hepatitis now is it? If a studio has to resort to tattooing children to pay the bills then they really can't be very good in reality.

I'm sure some of your mates have been tattooed in these studios and i'll also bet that your mates have awful tattoos. I'm not trying to be mean its just that I would be fairly certain their research on artists, artistic possibilites etc was zero and now they have tats that in 15 years time they can regret and tell people who want to get tattoos to not get one "as they'll only regret it". Take your time, research whats possible and FFS do NOT get that hoops phrase tattooed on you. It sounds weird and will look terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

At this stage, I'm just repeating what other posters have already said. You're far better off waiting. No reputable studio will tattoo you at your age. Don't make the mistake of going to some backstreet clown who will tattoo you, as the odds are, you'll regret it. I'd imagine most of the places that would tattoo a child, would be likely to have lower standards in the hygiene department too. Plus, you'll probably change your mind time and time again over the next few years.

I made the mistake of getting stupid tattoos when I was a teenager. Yes, I do regret them. I've since had them covered up. Trust me, you're better off waiting.

Advertisement