Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External wall insulation, con?

• 05-10-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

My parents noticed a few of their neighbours getting this external wall insulation done, the people doing it had a sign advertising the company and saying 4000 euro grant available.

In my previous job i used to deal with SEI and these grants and told my parents before you do anything ring sei and make sure they are registered installers.

SEI said they were not registered!!!!! I had a look at this company's leaflet, 2 mobile numbers and a yahoo address, no company address or landline. It states on the leaflet that they are Sei registered.

Now could this be a mistake on sei's part or have my parents neighbours after being conned out thousands!!! Will the insulation fall apart in a few months???

These guys are still in town working, in the summerhill area i think, not sure what to do, I dont want to get the neighbours upset if this is a mistake on sei's part and their 4000 is on the way!!

One neighbour said he got sei approval via email, do sei give approval via email?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

If there is a doubt its best to phone SEI straight and ask are they registered. If they are there is no problems but if they are not stop payment straightaway. (if they are not regisertered and they claim they are they are breaching their contract so you have a get out clause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

PM me their name and I'll see if I know them , I'm in the building business and might be able to recommend some alternatives.

Advertisement