Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gamestop thread in specials for new realese games

• 05-10-2010 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭

(Sorry my spelling for the thread title is appalling) I've seen Gamestop do offers where if you trade in 2 games you can get a new game for like a fiver. They had it for Fifa 11 and I think Halo:Reach (i'm sure they had it loads more but I don't really shop there), hopefully they will have it for the new Medal of Honor game as well. It says from a list of 300 games that you can pick, just wondering if you guys have done this offer and what are the list of games/games you picked? Was planning on buying them cheap online and just trade them in, easy way to save a bit of monies. Also they had a special offer on trade in of Halo Reach for €45 euros last week, dunno if it's still going.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

They usually put out a list of titles that are eligible for the offer, you can pick it up in any of their stores, but the titles will tend to be very recent releases so buying online to trade generally won't work out as the cheapest you'd be picking up a new release online would usually be about €35 and recent releases would generally trade in for about €30 - €35 in Gamestop so unless you have them already you're better off buying up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

If you trade in Halo Reach you get Fifa 11 for 3 euro :D
    Great deal as Halo sucked !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Trade in any new game in gamestop against a game to be released(moh, cod, fable, fallout) and you get 25% extra with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd imagine Blur and Metro 2033 will be on the list of the possible 300 games, if so that'll do me for MOH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Don't know how true this is but I was told that in GameSto that if you pre-order any new release game that you get the collectors edition for the same price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Don't know how true this is but I was told that in GameSto that if you pre-order any new release game that you get the collectors edition for the same price!

Thats only if you pre order MOH you will get the limited edition for the same price as the standard. If you go in on friday to just buy it you just get the standard edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

siblers wrote: »
    (Sorry my spelling for the thread title is appalling) I've seen Gamestop do offers where if you trade in 2 games you can get a new game for like a fiver. They had it for Fifa 11 and I think Halo:Reach (i'm sure they had it loads more but I don't really shop there), hopefully they will have it for the new Medal of Honor game as well. It says from a list of 300 games that you can pick, just wondering if you guys have done this offer and what are the list of games/games you picked? Was planning on buying them cheap online and just trade them in, easy way to save a bit of monies. Also they had a special offer on trade in of Halo Reach for €45 euros last week, dunno if it's still going.

I used this offer when I was buying Halo Reach and I traded Crackdown 2 (which I had bought new a few weeks before), Halo ODST (which I had paid €20 second hand a few weeks before) and Mario Kart Wii (which was years old and gathering dust in a drawer at home). The assistant was pretty sure that Mario Kart wasn't on the list of 300 and at first, he was hesitant about taking it but after he scanned it, it came up as legit for that offer so it all worked out well. :) I think almost anything that they would offer more than €15 (and therefore resell for over €30) is acceptable.

Advertisement