Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N00b Thread!

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Hmm... only slight discrepancies when you factor in that lost WU last week due to F@Hcore s***ting itself... but from what I can see my i5 must have only got about 1000 points from its last WU, which was a P6701! WTF??!? :confused::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭zodac

Wow, that does seem low... my Q6600 gets ~4.1k points for each 6701.

Was it longer than usual?

Don't even have HFM on the testbench yet, but ~4200 - ~3100 = ~not a bloody lot :o:( And I do certainly recall from the logs that the P6701 took 26 hours to complete realtime (~20 hours for the machine but there was some downtime due to firewall issues - Zonealarm keeps schizing out on me, it really doesn't like me using my old PC as a bridge to its own wireless card to link the new machine to the router! :o)

Well... all I can say is to hope it was a one-off. At any rate, I've heard no-one else complain about lower points than usual (for SMP anyway; everyone is complaining about GPU right now :p).

I have a HD6850 so GPU isn't even an option! :eek: If it was I'd still be complaining! :D:P

1100 points for a P6701... then ~3000 for a measly P60**?!? :eek: Oh well... over halfway through another P67**, tonight I'll find out whether it was a once-off or whether Stanford has had a serious and ongoing whoopsie...

• Advertisement

Yeah, you've just given up on GPUs for now I guess. :p Don't worry though; someday it'll be useful. :D

But the 60xx Wus are the best... 6014s give me the best PPD. ;)

Running P60**s I could easily get 6k PPD from the i5 - and that's at stock! :D

Blah, only ~4.2k at stock.

Nope, at 2.93GHz I'm getting P60**s done in 8.5 hours for nearly 3k a pop :D:P

No, I mean I only get 4.2k at stock. Stupid 2.4Ghz CPU. jealoussmiley.gif

Also, we need better smileys here. teaching.gif

• Advertisement

Agreed! hmmm.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Typical, I had a bad feeling this would be P6701/P6702 day, makes a bit of a mess of the timetable. :(

I'm only getting 494pt WUs on the GPUs... bad PPD is bad. :(

Advertisement