Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So ive had the snip..

• 05-10-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Had it done on july 4th and had my twelve week all clear of the "little demons":rolleyes: last week, so am i good to go or do i still have to wait for the all clear,getting a little eager to take the raincoat off.....if you know what i mean;)
    Any one with a bit of advice is much appreciated:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ask your doctor when it will be safe for you to have unprotected sex

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Presumably when you got the "all clear" that was explained to you, or did you ask?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

As long as you're in a committed monogamous relationship you can take the raincoat off when the doc says it's ok. If you're not in a monogamous relationship it's better to keep the raincoat on until you are in a committed relationship. The snip doesn't prevent STDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I work for a Urologist and here it's standard procedure 12 weeks post op to come back in to give a sample which is then tested in the Lab before the definitive all clear is given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Emme wrote: »
    If you're not in a monogamous relationship it's better to keep the raincoat on until you are in a committed relationship. The snip doesn't prevent STDs.

Is it just me or did this come across a bit preachy? :pac:

• Advertisement

Why is advocating responsible behaviour preachy?

Not to me - I was planning to reply to "ask your doctor when it will be safe for you to have unprotected sex " with "never!" :D

bluewolf wrote: »
    Not to me - I was planning to reply to "ask your doctor when it will be safe for you to have unprotected sex " with "never!" :D

So are you a doctor?

So are you a doctor?

So are you the internet police?

It was a joke mostly in agreement with your own post. I wasn't even remotely close to giving medical advice.

Why is advocating responsible behaviour preachy?

Because the OP didn't ask if you for advice on having unprotected sex in general, he asked about having unprotected sex in relation to his specific circumstance (i.e. after having a circumcision).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

The snip doesn't prevent STDs.
    Thanks for that nugget.

FYI: when the OP said "little demons" he wasn't talking about germs, but rather sperm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

moonshadow wrote: »
    Had it done on july 4th and had my twelve week all clear of the "little demons":rolleyes: last week, so am i good to go or do i still have to wait for the all clear,getting a little eager to take the raincoat off.....if you know what i mean;)
    Any one with a bit of advice is much appreciated:confused:

No idea to be honest mate, i would get in touch with your doctor though,and then maybe another doctor just to be sure.

Plan on getting the job done myself soon but haven't been getting too deep on the research yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

Because the OP didn't ask if you for advice on having unprotected sex in general, he asked about having unprotected sex in relation to his specific circumstance (i.e. after having a circumcision).

Eh, pretty sure the OP was referring to having a vasectomy, given the "raincoat" and "little demons" comments....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

When I got mine a dozen years ago there was a 12 week waiting period to get the all clear and then a further test 12 months later because on (rare)occcasions the snipped tubes manage to reunite.

It's only a matter of time OP, don't fret it. You should think of it as the longest bit of foreplay you've ever encountered since getting together with your partner.

EDIT: Just re-read your post and noticed that you've already had your 12 week clearence. Happy Days! :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

cython wrote: »
    Eh, pretty sure the OP was referring to having a vasectomy, given the "raincoat" and "little demons" comments....

Brainfart moment :pac:

Advertisement