Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fragrence X. Com: Any good?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

I've recently discovered this place. They sell the massive bottles of Harajuku Lovers at a discount amongst others.

http://fragrencex.com

Use the coupon code "Free" in the area provided to get free worldwide standard shipping.

Now for my own thoughts: This is the first time I'll be ordering from them. Has anyone had any experience good/bad/so-so that I should be privy to?:confused::confused:

Personally I'm jazzed that they sell the tester jugs of Harajuku lovers! It never made much sense to me that the bobblehead holding 30ml is dearer than the 100ml store bottle...

They do rare scents and makeup as well. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Athlone_Bhoy

One of the best around.

Be careful not to order to much you will be hit with vat. Free shipping so just order one or two bottles at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I have used them loads of times and find them great, Just put an order in for Harajuku Lovers G there myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

How long does delivery usually take??

SoCo2009 wrote: »
    How long does delivery usually take??

Most times a week to 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭mell61

I've used them once, after asking them to advise if they got stock of a frangrance that is pretty difficult to get hold of. Order and received in about 8 days, price was good, and no complaints about the shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

lindtee wrote: »
    I have used them loads of times and find them great, Just put an order in for Harajuku Lovers G there myself:)
    Harajuku Lovers for the win. I ordered the store brand bottle of 100ml of Lil' Angel as it's my signature scent.

I'll deffinately be buying from them in the future. The rare stuff and cheapy MAC sold me. :D

Is that a nice perfume to get a woman?

Is that a nice perfume to get a woman?
    It is but it's very summery. If you like fruity and kitsch it's a winner but there's also a selection from Harajuku Lovers on the site. I'd also personally recommend Darling by Kylie Minogoue. It smells like candy floss! :D

People, this is a scam site. I've discovered through searching the web that they fail to to deliver on most items.
    I placed my order on the 7th of october and I still haven't gotten it.
    Other people report they like to trap customers with a £12.00 VAT and custom charges. It's a legit site but the delivery is a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

McChubbin wrote: »
    It's a legit site but the delivery is a scam.

How does that work? If they're running a delivery scam, then it's not a legit site. If it's because of customs or other delivery problems, then it's not a scam.

• Advertisement

Haven't gotten my order yet either:( Have found their delivery to be very slow in the past but never had to wait this long. Its not a scam site though, I've ordered about 10 times with them previously and I have never been caught with customs or not gotten an order, but I will be contacting them to follow up on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭meolwan

I ordered from this company or at least I paid for OH order which is over a month ago. I have contacted them as to how long more she will be waiting and I got the usual reply post & customs can delay the delivery. I have emailed them again and said ok but not for a month as other stuff I have ordered online have arrived from the states and elsewhere.

I emailed them last night again i will keep people updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Same with me, was waiting a month for an order "in processing". I emailed them to find out the status of it before filing a chargeback & got an email within three hours to say my order was part shipping. So far nothing received (2 weeks from email). Gonna organise a chargeback on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Seems like I've been caught. Order "Shipped" on the 6th of October but when i enquired about it I was told it may be stuck at customs.

Have I any comeback with these guys? What can I do?

Still nothing here either. Will give them til the end of next week and going to file a chargeback then. Got the same email as the rest of you seem to have gotten. Hope they are not gone bust:(

Still no sign of the goods from this company.. I have opened a dispute on paypal with them. They don't seem happy with me doing that got reply on paypal saying if I need to contact them then do so direct not through paypal. I am going to draft reply to them now telling them I paid through paypal so tuff.

No perfume by monday then gonna look for a chargeback .

The story goes on will keep you all posted if get stuff or not .

Still waiting for my order but from what I've heard, I'm probably lucky that I used a 3V card instead of a real credit card.

Email Today

Thank you for your email and recent purchase from FragranceX.com. I do
    apologize that you have not received your order yet.

Some packages can be held by customs for inspections and they are not
    always timely in notifying the recipient.

Your package was sent by International airmail through the United States
    Postal Service and they do not provide a tracking service at this time.

Packages not received by our customers are always returned to us, but we
    must allow time for them to travel. We do appreciate your patience as this
    is out of our control.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Meghan
    FragranceX.com

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

After 6 weeks I finally got the order today:rolleyes: Not good enough really. Is there any other irish or uk site that has similar prices? I found fragrancex great in the past for gifts and stuff for myself, but 6 weeks is too long to wait.

Lucky you Lindtee still no sign of any order here yet.
    That is the same mesage that they send to everyone Brianjd.

• Advertisement

I got that message too but still no sign of anything in the post. :mad::mad:

McChubbin wrote: »
    I got that message too but still no sign of anything in the post. :mad::mad:

My order finally arrived today after 6 weeks.Thankfully. :o

Got mine today after 6 weeks also got caught for customs as well. I think your ordrer held up mine BrianJD :D:D:D:D;)

meolwan wrote: »
    Got mine today after 6 weeks also got caught for customs as well. I think your ordrer held up mine BrianJD :D:D:D:D;)

Ha ha.....well I didn't hold you up at customs cause I didn't get stopped...ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hi,it's now 4 weeks since my order was shipped from Fragrencex and I haven't recieved my order.I have sent 2 emails and I got one reply stating it was shipped and just to wait ,I got no reply to the second e-mail.I payed using paypal,should I open a dispute now ?I cant find any delivery times on their website (28days or similar).What action to people recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Start the dispute now, if it's not already too late. There is a time limit on these, and shady dealers often try to delay you with excuses until after time runs out, and then you can never dispute it and the dealer is in the clear. Happens on eBay quite a bit. The time limit is 30 days from the date of payment.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Hi,it's now 4 weeks since my order was shipped from Fragrencex and I haven't recieved my order.I have sent 2 emails and I got one reply stating it was shipped and just to wait ,I got no reply to the second e-mail.I payed using paypal,should I open a dispute now ?I cant find any delivery times on their website (28days or similar).What action to people recommend?

I got my order after 6 weeks so as long as you have been in contact, I'd leave it another week or so.

Advertisement