Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router for fiber broadband (Magnet )

Options
  • 05-10-2010 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Guys N Gals,

I've 25mb broadband (wired ) and I'm looking for a wireless router, can anyone advise of what is a relatively inexpensive option on ebay or any of the other sites.

Also i have a printer with a network card so I need the wireless router to have one or two ports.

Thank you in advance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭KennyLegend

laurpat wrote: »
    Guys N Gals,

I've 25mb broadband (wired ) and I'm looking for a wireless router, can anyone advise of what is a relatively inexpensive option on ebay or any of the other sites.

Also i have a printer with a network card so I need the wireless router to have one or two ports.

Thank you in advance for your help

Look up the Linksys WRT54gl...about €55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Here;
    http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1136421&productID=S3107041

Its a great quality router with good coverage. Cisco bought Linksys and started changing (cheaping up) the components, this is the old spec with a broadcom chip and 16MB onboard ram.

It has the hidden value of being able to upgrade it to a better firmware if extra functions are needed:
    http://lifehacker.com/178132/hack-attack-turn-your-60-router-into-a-600-router

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Does anyone need additional help here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 conp

Hi Rory,
    Are there any restrictions/recommendations for the type of wireless router to use with magnet Fibre?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

conp wrote: »
    Hi Rory,
    Are there any restrictions/recommendations for the type of wireless router to use with magnet Fibre?

I'm using a netgear and it's working really well! PM me if you have any Q's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

conp wrote: »

There are really any restrictions/recommendations for the type of wireless router to use with ANY provider as long as the Internet is being presented via ethernet (as oppposed to anlaogueline, co-ax or other medium). Pick whatever suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TALLOWBAN1

I got on asus dsl n66u vdsl router and I'm hooking it up with magnet and I got the username and password and it connects on the router but I still got no internet access ipv4 on device say no internet access still... any help?

oh p.s extra info on event logs it does say ignore sever name and also isp's DHCP error, something magnet has to fix? same thing happens when I put the magnet router into bridge mode with friend rt n66u.... work fine when have it linked to rt n66u (but keep doing warn kernel restart)

Advertisement