Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sort out folders?

• 05-10-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Mainly my french folder,
    I dont know what order to put things, Like I know obviously in my grammar section it should be past tense, present tense and then future tense, but where does the imperfect, conditional etc go?

Just things like that.
    Like what order for the grammar?

But also tips for organising the other sections?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Tbh yeh should have had yer tenses sorted out by know. I sort it by grammer points, useful vocab, reading comps, writing comps and oral.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭apkbarry

THFC wrote: »
    Tbh yeh should have had yer tenses sorted out by know. I sort it by grammer points, useful vocab, reading comps, writing comps and oral.

Sorry was that anything to do with my question?
    No?
    Ok then please dont comment again!

Obviously since I wrote this I am unsure where each has to go i.e what order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

apkbarry wrote: »
    No?

Take it easy there! It doesn't really matter, as long as you know them tenses are but the least of your worries in lc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

We don't have folders in French (we rarely get sheets) but what I would recommend is:
    Sort your folder into Aural, Oral and Written (have 3 written sections - comprehension and writing and then also grammar and vocab in one)
    I would sort the grammar into verbs and other. The verbs into Past, Present, Future and other.
    Have the Written - Writing section split into the different topics (School, Environment etc).
    Have the Written - Comprehension split into Literary and Journalistic

Your folder should look like this in the end:
    Aural -
    All sheets (if any?)

Oral -
    Different topics (Moi, Ma famille etc)

Written -
    Comprehension -
    Literary
    Journalistic
    Writing
    Layouts of different writing types (letter, note etc)
    Topics (School, Environment etc)
    Grammar and Vocab
    Verbs (separated as above)
    Other
    Vocab

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

No?

Bit rude. They were only trying to help.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

No?

Being a bitter obnoxious twat, will certainly not help your case. If his answer wasnt of use. Just say "Thanks. Wasnt exactly what i needed but i'll keep it in mind".... From one young boardie to another. Being a twat or replying like that will get you nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Last year when I did my leaving I used tables of verbs and it worked really well. I didn't sort the verb section into past, present etc. I had a table for each verb with each tense of that verb on it. So one page for parler, one for aller and so on. I had them in alphabetical order for efficiency. It actually helps quite a lot to have them in a table because you can easily see changes and identify the pattern. I then mesmorised the tables, 2-3 a week and some verbs are much more regular than others so that speeds it up. Everyone has their own system. Hope you find something that works for you.

Advertisement