Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drive way/Road prices

Options
  • 05-10-2010 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I am considering a site for a new build house. Unforutnitly the site I want to use will require a 700m roadway built.
    I was wondering if people would have a ball park idea how much this might cost me.
    The ground is good and farily dry and I am hoping to do it next summer so we can assume (hope) conditions will be dry.
    A stone/mill waste surface will do for now. Although I'd love to know how much tar and chip would cost too if anyone knows.
    There is a quarry approximately 1.5 miles from the site. Location South Tipperary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

nailer8 wrote: »
    I am considering a site for a new build house. Unforutnitly the site I want to use will require a 700m roadway built.
    I was wondering if people would have a ball park idea how much this might cost me.
    The ground is good and farily dry and I am hoping to do it next summer so we can assume (hope) conditions will be dry.
    A stone/mill waste surface will do for now. Although I'd love to know how much tar and chip would cost too if anyone knows.
    There is a quarry approximately 1.5 miles from the site. Location South Tipperary.

My roadway was 350m and there was a small bit of digging on it. I calculate that the stone cost me approximately €6000 for it - its 10ft wide and between 9 inches and 1ft thick (had to be to carry the readymix lorries). It was made from quarry blast which is uncrushed rock - some big pieces up to 1 ft thick and dusty stuff. the big pieces were put on the bottom and the dusty or finer stuff on top. 3 years later it is all in place still - a few humps and hollows and a few potholes, but very driveable with a car yet. Hope to put a layer of quarry dust on it in the coming weeks and roll it in - just to make it look better and smoother to drive on.

Looking for prices for tar and chim myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Does that €6000 cover the digging work and removing clay or did you do all that yourself.

Anyone just get someone in to build a driveway. I have somewhere to put the clay but other than that i will need someone to do everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bakerbhoy

My house is 340 ms up an old lane 600 ms to a farm yard.Pops is getting the whole lane {10ft width} and yard tarmacadamed , all prep work,falls etc and sides back filled after with stone.
    Two quotes 57k and 63k.
    Tried to talk him into tar and chip re cost. No chance.
    Starting in next couple of weeks

Advertisement