Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in airport business park

Options
  • 05-10-2010 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just started working in the Airport business park in cork. Delighted with getting a job especially with the way things are going at the moment, but the problem is i spend ages getting there in the morning and getting back home in the evening. Planning on getting a car in the new year, but for the moment i'm stuck with getting the bus eireann bus that goes through the business park. Any of you know an easier way to get there? Does the skylink bus stop off around there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I used to work in the Airport Biz park years ago and even then the commute from town was painful (probably worse then due to the magic roundabout didn't have the fly-over).
    Anyway, I solved my woes with a scooter. OK, chicken chaser and hair dryer on wheels jokes aside it was excellent.
    Apart from that you could move to Grange/Frankfield and you could cycle it, OK it's a killer on the way up on on the way home is freewheel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

I use work there aswell and used to walk back , I lived in Turner's Cross at the time. I had to be there for 7 so I missed most of the traffic. If I ever waited to get the bus back it would take almost an hr to get down the hill. It took me about 45 mins to walk home, but you could try jogging it for exercise.

The skylink stops off at the airport so it'd only be a short walk from the airport to the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

We should make "working in/by Cork Airport" a sticky at this stage, there's tons of um! :P

A recent thread on where to live if you're considering moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 unlocker

hello

i work at amazon in busness park and offcorse the better choice is to buy a car else to take the bus eirann

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dr. Smash

Hi I'm new to Cork, starting a job in the park soon... Living in Glasheen.. No car at the moment... What's the best way of getting there? Looks like I'd have to get a bus into town and back out which makes no sense. Is cycling the best option?? Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement