Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Police Helicopter

Options
  • 05-10-2010 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

One has been flying overhead for the last hour, I live in Dublin 7 near enough to Mountjoy. Surely its not out for the match with Bohs and Rovers, its driving me mental.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Lux23 wrote: »
    One has being flying overhead for the last hour, I live in Dublin 7 near enough to Mountjoy. Surely its not out for the match with Bohs and Rovers, its driving me mental.

Probably is.Both clubs have amateur hooligans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

There were mounted police on my street too but no hooligans as far I could see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Any Gardai in evidence?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Was a the match, there was trouble so and saw the chopper so I image that's what it was from

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Yip, out for crowd control at the Bohs Rovers game in Dalymount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Saw a few mariahs and a couple of squad cars on dorset street around 9:45 tonight. So yeah, it was for the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Donno what Dublin your living in but in the Republic of Ireland I do believe its called a Garda Helicopter not a Police Helicopter!!!

derra_121 wrote: »
    Donno what Dublin your living in but in the Republic of Ireland I do believe its called a Garda Helicopter not a Police Helicopter!!!

Sorry I watch alot of new tricks.

derra_121 wrote: »

Well I've heard a bunch of coppers refering to the plural of "garda" as "guards" so if they couldn't be bothered saying it, why should anyone else?

Well I've heard a bunch of coppers refering to the plural of "garda" as "guards" so if they couldn't be bothered saying it, why should anyone else?

I wanted to say pig helicopter but you know.

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    I wanted to say pig helicopter but you know.

Yeah I know. :(

That'd mean that pigs can fly and the world would be fu*ked with all the things people would have to do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Sorry to be pedantic OP but we have Gardaí, not police. Not trolling, pertinent albeit somewhat Gaeilge biased post but there you go.

sdonn wrote: »
    Sorry to be pedantic OP but we have Gardaí, not police. Not trolling, pertinent albeit somewhat Gaeilge biased post but there you go.

Really? Last time I check most "gardaí" call themselves "guards"...

Really? Last time I check most "gardaí" call themselves "guards"...
    Well pigs, the filth, the thin navy line and oh what the hell the police ! Oh I mean the Garda!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Gardaí are police, morons. You two fail at pedantry.

From the Garda website:
    An Garda Síochána is the national police service of the Republic of Ireland.

Do you want to argue against the Gardaí themselves about what they are or are not? :rolleyes:

FruitLover wrote: »
    Gardaí are police, morons. You two fail at pedantry.

From the Garda website:

Do you want to argue against the Gardaí themselves about what they are or are not? :rolleyes:

Interesting. I was thinking here Irish was the first language of Ireland. Thanks for clearing it up... "moron".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I was thinking here Irish was the first language of Ireland

a) I don't know where you get the idea that Irish is the 'first' language of Ireland considering how few people speak it fluently. It's an 'official' language of the state, not the primary.

b) Even if it was, what would that have to do with anything? :confused: The Gardaí are police, regardless of language.

FruitLover wrote: »
    a) I don't know where you get the idea that Irish is the 'first' language of Ireland considering how few people speak it fluently. It's an 'official' language of the state, not the primary.

b) Even if it was, what would that have to do with anything? :confused: The Gardaí are police, regardless of language.

It's just ironic that the gardaí call themselves the guards and so do other people. And Irish is the first language but if you want to go against the contistution, go ahead. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

blah blah blah, locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement