Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats school like in WA?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm moving to Perth in just a few weeks.. I'll be going into High school. Just did my JC last summer. Just want to know whats it like!

Is it harder? easier?

What subjects?

And most importantly holidays!?

And other stuff in general?

Any help is really appreciated!
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Im not in school, but my OH is a relief teacher in High School.
    From what i gather its pretty good, she works mostly in a private school. Its massive, like a few thousand students.
    The public system is a little rougher from what i gather. But it depends on where you go, same as anywhere.

In terms of subjects, they pretty much have the same as home really. Although they dont really do languages. I dont think they do them at all TBH.

The school year is split into 4 terms. each 10 weeks long. Between them you get 2 weeks holidays, and at christmas you get 6 weeks or something for summer holidays.

Best of luck!

Advertisement