Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Foley rip

Options
  • 05-10-2010 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Just a wee post to say, incase some Sligonians didn't know, Tony Foley the undertaker passed away earlier today.

Met him through his work on several occasions, and he was an absolute gentleman, especially when one of the most important people in my life passed away a few years ago. Due to family being abroad, he was in our lives for almost a week at a very difficult time, and was utterly wonderful and comforting throughout the whole period-I don't think he realised how much it was appreciated then, and how the memories of how he helped me especially are still appreciated now.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

That's very sad to hear. He was a much loved character around Sligo, a gentleman and a real professional at his job. I hope the people who invested in his business a few years back carry on the tradition and retain the premises where it is.
    Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 agr

As a niece of tony's I would like to thank you for your kind words about my uncle. It is nice to know that others thought of him as we did. He was indeed a gentleman and a very kind man. I have passed on your thoughts to my cousin and am sure he will find comfort in the fact that people thought highly of his dad. A his niece I can only say I have been privilged to have known him and along with all his brothers and sisters and his other nieces and nephews we will miss him dearly.
    Rest in Peace uncle Tony

Advertisement