Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingfisher gyms

Options
  • 05-10-2010 9:50pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I guess this is more of a rant than a complaint but anyway
    I joined my local kingfisher gym in july of this year and paid my membership for the year.
    Now I decided to go back to college in september which meant I pretty much wasn't going to able to go to the gym 5 days outta the week as I had to move up to where I'm studying.Now there's a kingfisher gym in the the city I'm in so I thought it would be no problem just to transfer membership to the one there,so I rang them up(my locala gym) and much to my annoyance they tell me they don't transfer memberships.
    I mean I don't know why they wouldn't since they are all the same brand.Suffice to say I wouldn't be renewing my membership with them and I also will be encouraging some of my friends not to renew there's either.
    Anyone wanna help me write a strongly worded letter to there head office?
    I'm not so good with the pronted word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Many of these places are franchises (I don't know this specific gym chain), and as such probably don't do "transfers". You signed up for a year, you changed your mind, you made assumptions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thoie wrote: »
    Many of these places are franchises (I don't know this specific gym chain), and as such probably don't do "transfers". You signed up for a year, you changed your mind, you made assumptions.

"You didn't have to tell it like it is, Thoie"
    but ya your probabably right,just because these gyms all carry the same name doesn't mean they all fly under the same corperate banner I guess.
    Still annoyed though(with myself I guess),and will probably still send an email and wouldn't renew membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's no harm in sending the email and seeing what comes out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    "You didn't have to tell it like it is, Thoie"

Apologies, post was harsher than I intended, apparently because I never finished it. Unfortunately I can't remember now what gem of wisdom at the end was going to be, so all I can do now is echo Dudara's "no harm in sending an email".

Advertisement