Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacing tocco - nokia 5230 free sat nav?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi, time has come to upgrade the tocco, was just going to get a new one but just noticed on the vodafone website that the nokia 5230 comes with free sat nav, my query

- does free sat nav mean that the phone doesnt have to connect to the internet (I dont use the internet on the phone) or just that the software is free and you have to connect to the internet everytime you use the sat nav?
    - is this fone as good as the tocco?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

macjohn wrote: »
    Hi, time has come to upgrade the tocco, was just going to get a new one but just noticed on the vodafone website that the nokia 5230 comes with free sat nav, my query

- does free sat nav mean that the phone doesnt have to connect to the internet (I dont use the internet on the phone) or just that the software is free and you have to connect to the internet everytime you use the sat nav?
    - is this fone as good as the tocco?

It means the software is on the phone, thats it i'm afraid!! A few of my friends had this phone and had some issues with freezing and powering off, did a software update and it stopped it for a while but then started happening again! if it was me i'd avoid it but theres prob loads of people who love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

Ta for that.
    So everytime I would turn on the gps the phone would connect to the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Glad you ditched the 5800 then? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Advertisement
Advertisement