Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini companies

Options
  • 05-10-2010 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hey guys

i am a 4th year student and we have to set up a mini company any ideas of what to sell because i am lost to be honest need someone to help please and quick :confused:

was thinking of maybe doing beanie hats as there all the craze but cant find good supplier that is cheap ie. under 5 euro each

any info is helpful thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I heard of some people buying plain doughnuts and customizing them with frostings/toppings. They went very very well in a school last year.

Alternatively buy some plain buns and make them into cup cakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 safesecure.ie

When I was doing Enterprise as a subject in the LC a good few years ago we had to do somthing similar, but we set up 'Skool Cinema' - paid a crowd to come in and set up a projector in the Main Hall- they covered any royalties etc.

Charged Students a small fee to watch the film (90% went as they got time off class)

Main Issues were getting the permission from the School to allow students off class and secondly, deciding on the film, we had to choose somthing at the classification of '12' as if we didnt it would restrict the viewing to 3rd year onwards.... cant actually remember what we choose :eek:

Sell Popcorn drinks etc.

Obviosuly we only did this once but we based our business model on this and got a distinction.

Best of Luck with your mini venture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

If your school has a computer lab you could set up a gaming tournament and charge admision. You could do it at the lunch breaks. Computers in schools are usually pretty old/crap so you could use old games that people still like to play, like Quake, Doom or Warcraft III.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭will.in.cork

A group of us (3) sold hot dogs at lunch time. Easy to make, home ec room had everything we needed. We just hot dogs and rolls and other few bits and pieces. It was mostly a male school with maybe 10% girls so the guys loved it. Went very well. Not sure now about school focus on healthy eating and all that now? It was a secondary school. Made a handy few bob in the end!...

...ah if only life was that easy to make some money.

Best of luck anyway. Remember keep it simply:)

Will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gamewise.ie

Last year me and 4 friends set up a gaming website doing game reviews and comparing prices. we won a few competitions because it was a 'new idea' and we got a bit of money too. the website is still up gamewise.ie. other guys sold jewellery and bike accessories and stuff. the newer the idea the better!

• Advertisement
Advertisement