Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury's Screme Eggs

Options
  • 05-10-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed these in a local shop the other day. They just seem to be Creme Eggs with a green yolk. Has anyone tried one?

s+egg.JPG

segg.JPG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

ooooooooooh I have not come across those yet!
    Are they nice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Had one last week. Can't say i noticed any taste difference tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

They don't seem to be in a lot of shops. I haven't tried one yet because I didn't have enough money on me. Although I've just googled them and it seems that they do in fact taste like the normal Creme Eggs. I do like the name though!

Same taste? just different colouring? Interesting... you'd think they might tweak the taste slightly for a hallowe'en one.
    Must keep an eye out for them, honestly hadn't spotted them anywhere yet, and I usually notice the new stuff :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,934 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cadbury's should release them all year round, and get it over with!

What's next? "Egg Nog Egg"? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Yeah I had one. They should make a minty Creme Egg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I dunno if it's the green "yolk" or what but I didn't like it where I usually love creme eggs.

I got some of the dead heads too which are like Caramel mini-eggs with the caramel dyed slightly red.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah there is no taste difference the only difference is the colour.Only place i've seen them is in Heatons or their Partymór stores

• Registered Users Posts: 39,425 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The normal centre has no "yellow" flavouring, its just colouring, these were always just going to be green colouring

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

That looks extraordinarily like snot :(

• Advertisement

It does look like snot actually... ugh

Saw these in a londis in town, I was on a hunt for jelly tots so I didn't get one

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Does look nasty, should have been red for blood, and a dark chocolate egg would be nice for a change, I would like a more bitter chocolate to contrast all the sugar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

got one in Dunne's yesterday.

It's the very same as a Creme Egg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Everyone stop with the negativity,I love any form of creme egg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I vote for Rubadubs egg, dark chocolate with a smaller red coloured filling. :).
    thats got to be a winner. Come on Cadbury why not make it?
    Unless you are afraid of people getting a taste for the real chocolate instead of that milk chocolate stuff?

They should make an egg of dark chocolate with gooey orange centre... nom nom...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I just tried one this afternoon!

69cents in my local shop.

It was very yummy.

Not sure if it tasted any different, I'll be buyin another one tomorrow to taste again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

They definitely do not taste any different. But being a fan of all things green, I will admit I have bought more Screme eggs over the past week, than I have Creme eggs ever. Damn those sneaky pr*cks at Cadbury..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, out of curiosity. The green bit in the one I had was definitely runnier than the yellow bit, did think it tasted 'slightly' different. Unimpressed tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I reckon they are just gone off Creme eggs that went green :)

Yummy though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, out of curiosity. The green bit in the one I had was definitely runnier than the yellow bit, did think it tasted 'slightly' different. Unimpressed tbh.

+1. Much runnier in the centre so don't eat at your desk at work before a meeting...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

They look a bit off-putting, but they taste just like the regular ones. I wish they sold the 'regular' Creme Eggs all year round!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not noticed any difference from normal Creme Eggs, just an excuse to sell em before Easter.

But did spy something at the registers in Dunnes, was a Cadburys bag with little chocolate vampire heads filled with red...something (could have been fondant). Could satisfy you guys craving for blood...coloured centred chocs. Dunno if around now that the season is over.

IIRC it's red caramel (from a quick look at a pack before). Didn't seem overly appetising though.

Advertisement