Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staging Panto for fundraising...venue help please?

Options
  • 05-10-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I'd like to raise some money for a big community event happening later on in the year and one idea I had was to stage a community-based pantomime (partially inspired by the low-budget Jurassic Park musical).

Writing it isn't a problem, neither is casting, and I can pull in a lot of the people I know for scenery/effects/music, but what I need help with is the venue. My first thought was to go with a community centre hall, though the only one I know doesn't have a stage so we might have to pull together a makeshift one. Could we do better than that on a low budget? How do you go about looking into theatres/stage halls?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Missiechan wrote: »
    I'd like to raise some money for a big community event happening later on in the year and one idea I had was to stage a community-based pantomime (partially inspired by the low-budget Jurassic Park musical).

Writing it isn't a problem, neither is casting, and I can pull in a lot of the people I know for scenery/effects/music, but what I need help with is the venue. My first thought was to go with a community centre hall, though the only one I know doesn't have a stage so we might have to pull together a makeshift one. Could we do better than that on a low budget? How do you go about looking into theatres/stage halls?

Not sure where you are based, but the cheapest theatre space that I am aware of is €1200 for a week.

Your best bet is to ring around schools in your local area or surrounding areas. some of them are bound to have a stage. Bare in mind if you do get permission to use a school, you are likely to be expected to provide your own insurance cover.

Best of luck with it! :)

Advertisement