If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caught between 2 TV's

Options
  • 05-10-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Ive decided to update my tv before i go off and get the Onkyo amp you recommended to me as my TV is quite old now. Its a Panasonic PWD6 plasma. So it has no tuner, speakers or HDMi.

Anyways im stuck between the PHILIPS 42PFL9664 and the PHILIPS 47PFL9664. And would you recommend them over an LED cosing the same ? Can you PM me euro prices on these 2 with delivery to Dublin ?

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Alan,

I have neither of these in stock as they're older modals. I do however have a mega mega deal on the 46PFL9704 LED LCD. This is an awsome TV and the best we've seen from philips bar none. I'm sure the new 9 series will surpass it but I havn't seen them yet.

I've PM'd you the price on this. Seriously worth thinking about.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

I have a clearance 47PFL8404. This was loaned to a customer while we waited on a 47" 9 series so it has been on for 8 days use, but I am clearing it at £899.95.

This is a serious piece of kit for this sort of money but the 9 series that Nicky has offered you definately tops it, so if you're after the best, go for the 9 series.

..... it depends on your budget.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hi Nicola,

It is indeed a brilliant deal, buy unfortunatly way out of my price range as i plan to get a new AV Reciever in the next month too. Appreciate the offer though :)

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Alan,

I have neither of these in stock as they're older modals. I do however have a mega mega deal on the 46PFL9704 LED LCD. This is an awsome TV and the best we've seen from philips bar none. I'm sure the new 9 series will surpass it but I havn't seen them yet.

I've PM'd you the price on this. Seriously worth thinking about.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

If i was to increase my budget to 1200 euro whats the best i could get in a 42-47 inch screen ?

Thanks again
    Alan

Hi Mcsirl

You would be able to grab a 46PFL5605H, we sell 'em instore for €1199.99 but my arm could be twisted for a lower price:)

See here for spec -
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/46pfl5605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

The TV that Nicola offered, the 46PFL9704H is WELL WORTH stretching for, esp as it comes with a 5 year warranty! pretty amazing TV

If your in Dublin call on in and we can demo them for you.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hey Ash,

Im working the weekend but might drop in on monday to have a look, whats the cost of delivery to swords ?

THanks

Cool I'll be here so can show you around the TV's
    See ya then

Atb
    Ash

Hey Dave,

Finally decided .... ill take the 47PFL8404. PM sent

Thanks again
    Alan

TV arrived yesterday and its AWESOME !!!!!! :D

Just want to say a big thanks to Dave and all the staff in Richersounds and the Philips Shop in Dublin for helping me with this. Couldnt recommend ye any higher, and will be buying again from you soon.

Thanks again
    Alan

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.