Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to display weddings shots

• 06-10-2010 12:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭

I did some assisting over the summer at several weddings, am just wondering whats the general best agreed way of presenting the images from each wedding to clients/photographers who might want to hire me for more assisting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Professional portfolios work well www.plasticsandwich.co.uk, some of the album companies do a studio album or slideshows www.photodex.com they make proshow gold/producer thats really good to display. Website too help. Depends on what method suits each person

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

I probably should have given more detail, i have a website (its basic but it does the job) and i do plan on displaying the images here, but should i display all of them, or only highlights from each weddings (theres 4 in total, with about 30 images from each i can use)?

With regard to the slideshow i was considering this as a way of showing it to protential clients or photographers who might want to see what i can do if hiring me to assist, again though, would i just make a slideshow out of a while wedding - start to finish - or the highlights?

Thanks for your help though and recommendations! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Show the best off, mostly highlights of all the weddings, same with the slideshow. Make something the mirrors the website.

Cool, cheers, so don't really bother with the displaying a whole wedding, just stick to the highlights?
    Oh yeah, could anyone recommend a decent programe or software to use for a slideshow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭eas

Same advice as Borderfox - only show the best, edit hard. IMO quality over quantity. A photographer will ask to see more work, so be prepared to send a link with an entire wedding or two. The important thing is making contact.

Make sure you include information about where you are, how you're fixed for travel, list your experience. Not crucial, but it's also nice to know what equipment you have.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, just curious, and its probably a stupid Qs, but can you send slideshows via email? Or do you need a particular type of software/programe to do that? For example id have my lil slideshow of my full wedding to show to potential photographers, can you send that via email then?

Thanks again.

Advertisement