Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Finance

Options
  • 06-10-2010 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I am a single 26 year old and have just returned to college to complete year 4, the final year of my Business Degree after being made redundant in May. I had worked for the company for 3 years. I am confused as to what funding etc is available to me as I am told I will no longer receive jobseakers allowance and so am going to be without any source of income. I have applied for the Maintanence Grant and am waiting to hear back from them :rolleyes:
    I have since been told by a friend that I should have applied for the Back to Education Allowance as this will be the same as receiving the Jobseakers allowance, which is more than the Maintanence Grant. Also, is there any other financial support available to me? I would be very greatful if someone could shed some light on this for me please... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi Davey122

The boards helpdesk is only for folks who have a problem with using the site or with the decisions of moderators. It is not a general help desk.

You may get more helpful responses in the Student Finances forum under the Education heading.

M

Advertisement