Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TFN

Options
  • 06-10-2010 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Just arrived in Sydney a couple of days ago and need to apply for a TFN. I've tried to do it online but need an Australian address for them to send the info too, which I don't have. I called them and they said I can get it sent to the local post office wherever I'll be in 28 days, but I don't know where I'll be in 28 days and was under the impression it only took a week to get a TFN. Has anyone else been in this situation? Solutions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padrepio

eightyfish wrote: »
    Hi.

Just arrived in Sydney a couple of days ago and need to apply for a TFN. I've tried to do it online but need an Australian address for them to send the info too, which I don't have. I called them and they said I can get it sent to the local post office wherever I'll be in 28 days, but I don't know where I'll be in 28 days and was under the impression it only took a week to get a TFN. Has anyone else been in this situation? Solutions?

Thanks.

yes - apply for your TFN online. They will post it out to you. Send it to a friend's address or someone you can trust. Only takes about a week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

padrepio wrote: »
    yes - apply for your TFN online. They will post it out to you. Send it to a friend's address or someone you can trust. Only takes about a week anyway.

Thanks.

Advertisement