Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Suspended: Problem with Payment Option

• 06-10-2010 1:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Just got knocked off Live there because i apparently have a problem with my payment option.

But i stuck a 3month voucher code on my account last month and i only use 3v vouchers if i plan on using a visa code to update my account.

When i sign into the Xbox site, it takes me straight to a page wer it asks me to Update My account and gives me a list of visa codes ive used (3v).

So the only choice im given is to add a new card so i go to put in a 3v voucher that i recently purchased but it comes up;
    "Not valid"

I think theyre trying to charge me here. But i'm not payin for anytn after paying for a 3 month voucher last month im not payin any more

Any idea how i can fix this?

I'm suspended until i can get this sorted and im completely stuck

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Auto renewal has probably tried to use the last card details to purchase a new subscription and ran into problems seeing as it was a 3V card you used. When the auto renewal system runs into a problem with a card it automatically suspends the account so if you are using a 3V card to pay for Xbox Live you should always call MS after payment has been taken to cancel auto renewal.

You will now have to call MS to cancel the auto renewal and remove the 3V card from your account and you should be good to go then.

+353 12420758

or 1 800 509 186

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
    1 800 509 197

Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

This happened to me a few weeks ago and it just came back to normal. It usually tells you how long you will be suspended it could be anywhere from two days to two weeks or possibly more. Mine was suspended for about a week and a half and then it worked again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Evolute wrote: »
    This happened to me a few weeks ago and it just came back to normal. It usually tells you how long you will be suspended it could be anywhere from two days to two weeks or possibly more. Mine was suspended for about a week and a half and then it worked again.

Suspensions due to payment options are different, your account can become permanently suspended unless you update your payment option. Even though the op added a 3 month subscription, the credit card is still linked to the account, and so auto renew will kick in.

Sounds like you were suspended for doing something bad on xbox live (abusing players etc) or, you were kickin ass in a game and everyone filed a report against you. Such a flawed system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

gamercfc wrote: »
    J
    I think theyre trying to charge me here. But i'm not payin for anytn after paying for a 3 month voucher last month im not payin any more

Any idea how i can fix this?

I'm suspended until i can get this sorted and im completely stuck

This happened to me last year, although i was sure at the time i didn't owe them anything, Microsoft were convinced i owed them for a month of live or something and i had to pay that off basically before they would unsuspend my account. The only other solution was creating an entirely new account and losing all my games & gamerscore!

I'd ring and find out how much you owe and clear that off if you like your account, get them to turn off auto renew too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

thorbarry wrote: »
    Suspensions due to payment options are different, your account can become permanently suspended unless you update your payment option. Even though the op added a 3 month subscription, the credit card is still linked to the account, and so auto renew will kick in.

Sounds like you were suspended for doing something bad on xbox live (abusing players etc) or, you were kickin ass in a game and everyone filed a report against you. Such a flawed system

No, like i just said, ive been suspended because there's a problem with my payment option. that's what it says when i try to sign in.

• Advertisement

No, like i just said, ive been suspended because there's a problem with my payment option. that's what it says when i try to sign in.

edit: sorry wer u talkin to me? or the other fella lol

Rang them up and they weren't much help. They just said that i will have to add a new card to the account (like i never figured that out on my own).

They said they can't cancel the card i used. And I have no choice but to update my current card or use a new one.

So I've pretty much gotten myself into a dilemma.

I'll have to just add a new 3v voucher and pay it off to keep my account running.

Oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

When you do pass a new card number, after payment has been taken ring them straight away to cancel auto renewal otherwise you will run into the same problem again.

ridiculous though coz i never turned auto-renewal on im only after lookin now, it's been on the whole time and i didnt even know.

now ive ta pay possibly another 20 euro becoz of this, thats 50 euro im payin in total to keep my 3 months and im only gettin 4 weeks left on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

ridiculous though coz i never turned auto-renewal on im only after lookin now, it's been on the whole time and i didnt even know.

Auto renewal is on automatically on everyones account. There is no option for us to turn it on or off other than ringing up MS, which is scandalous.

Lesson: don't give MS your CC details ever and just buy your subs and points online and never through Live itself.

You can get 13 months for around €35.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This happened to me as well. It fixes itself after a while but it takes about 2-3 weeks. It's ridiculous that they just completely ban you, even from silver account options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

edit: sorry wer u talkin to me? or the other fella lol

yup the other guy :D

When you were talkin to microsoft, did u ask them to turn off the auto renew, so it doesnt happen again

Bòllox, i went and bought a 20euro voucher for my 3v hoping it would work and it's still buggered. theyre after taking 7 euro off me plus 3 euro for attempting to update the details 3 times. still can't sign in. fùck sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Funnily enough it wasnt over giving abuse It was because my visa debit was cancelled when halifax cut and run. So I don't know why they reactivated it considering I owe them 14 euro or two months worth.
    Would love to ring them and ask but I don't want to pay for it haha.
    That and if they want the two months worth they can take it off my live sub at the moment because there is no way in hell I'm ever putting my new card on their system.

Advertisement