Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inishbofin

Options
  • 06-10-2010 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Has anyone here been to Inishbofin? (or lived there)?
    I am planning a trip there next week and wondered what people think of it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

So what webzine/newsletter/whatever are you writing for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

Seaneh wrote: »
    So what webzine/newsletter/whatever are you writing for?

None.
    I am just planning a trip next week, and wondered if there is anything worth seeing while I am there.
    It looks beautiful on the website.
    Its good you are being vigilant and suspicious though.
    Careless talk costs lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Dr McManus wrote: »
    Has anyone here been to Inishbofin? (or lived there)?
    I am planning a trip there next week and wondered what people think of it.

Hang on, she'll be here shortly.
    Dr McManus wrote: »

Careless talk costs lives.

Or provides fodder for lazy journalists.
    Whichever you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Hire bikes and cycle around. Best way to see the island, beautiful place. Make sure you stay overnight and catch some music on one of the pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Never heard of it OP. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

There's a great promontory fort on the West Quarter, also Royal Oak Cove and a kind of sea cave where you might see seals chasing fish as we did. Nice beach near there too, but treacherous currents so be extremely careful.

Local often don't use their brakes, cars often don't have brakes.. so get out of the way or get run over.

Nice place in good weather. Doonmore Hotel is the place for good food and quick service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭aoraki

I don't live there but Inisbofin is one of my favourite places in Ireland. Of all the coastal islands that I've visited, it's definitely my favourite - much prefer it to the likes of the Inis Mor. Introduced to it by my other half and it's been one of our favourite places to visit since then. Good place to go if you want a bit of peace and quiet, go for some nice walks and generally get away from it all. There are a couple of nice beaches out there, some decent hotels and B&Bs to stay in, sites of historical interest etc. The people are sound too. I'd recommend staying a night or two if you have the chance. :)

Advertisement