Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running a bedroom on solar power ?

• 06-10-2010 3:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering where to be looking for something to run a bed room with a tv 42inch lcd , netbook, radio, light, router, digi box.

The netbook would need near, 80% uptime same with the router. TV is not used that much say 1-2 hours max every 3days ..

Although I said solar power, I would consider any other type of energy source available to me IE wind power.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭quentingargan

Suggest you get an electricity monitor and see what the total energy requirement is in KwHrs per day. Then you can calculate the necessary PV size required for this.

Wind would work if you have a suitable site, but it seems your requirements are quite modest overall. Probably about 2.4KwHrs per day. Wind is usually grid tied rather than battery based. Is this to be off-grid, or are you just offsetting your consumption? If off-grid, probably solar would be cheaper for your needs.

Retscreen does a free software package that can estimate the output of PVs for any geographical location. You need to take the worst month and add about 20% for battery losses and a further 10% for inverter losses.

Q

Advertisement