Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Karo Parisyan denies painkiler addiction

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't think he's addicted to Painkillers, just think he's a fcukin looper

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Wasn't he taking stuff to help his anxiety attacks? Then he just got paranoid or something and then he left/was made leave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

scudzilla wrote: »
    Don't think he's addicted to Painkillers, just think he's a fcukin looper

Why do you say that?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Apparently there is no difference between being diagnosed with anxiety and depression, and being a fcukin looper

Why do you say that?.

In my eye's he's never looked completely....right?

He pulled out of a fight recently, 106 or 107 i think, the day before, gave a huge list of excuses.

So much talent, could have been a huge star in MMA and it's just been wasted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

He pulled out of a fight recently, 106 or 107 i think, the day before, gave a huge list of excuses.

Not trying to pick an argument, but have you ever suffered with depression or anxiety?.

I have, and its hugely debilitating. I've never felt like a looper for it though :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

I'd say he looks a lot more right than you to be honest mate.

Chris89 wrote: »
    I'd say he looks a lot more right than you to be honest mate.

So you've seen me??

Not trying to pick an argument, but have you ever suffered with depression or anxiety?.

I have, and its hugely debilitating. I've never felt like a looper for it though :o

What i can't understand is how, with that sort of illness, can he still be granted a license to fight?

It's obvious there's something wrong with the guy, yet they still let him in the cage, just doesn't seem right to me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 TheOwl

What i can't understand is how, with that sort of illness, can he still be granted a license to fight?

It's obvious there's something wrong with the guy, yet they still let him in the cage, just doesn't seem right to me

Whats not right about it exactly? For a lot of fighters (and sports people in general) what they do might be the one thing giving them purpose in life and helping them through difficult times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

He gets depressed, and has anxiety attacks. His conditions should not endager his physical wellbeing, or that of his opponent while competing. Why would he not be allowed to compete?

The issue at stake is whether a promoter wants to book him for a fight knowing that he might have an anxiety attack, and be unable to compete. This is however, a promoter issue, and not one for the licensing body.

BTW, below are the medical requirements for figthers under 36, as per the NEvada athlethic commission

Report of Physical Examination Report Professional Boxer/Unarmed Combatant including an original laboratory report with the fighters name and the date the HIV test and Hepatitis B Surface Antigen and Hepatitis C Antibody tests were taken. The HIV test must be done within 30 days of submitting all requirements to become licensed. The Hepatitis B & C tests can be done within the calendar year.

Dilated ophthalmologic examination by an OPHTHALMOLOGIST only - This must be done more than 24 hours before the fight.

MRI of brain without contrast and MRA cerebral circulation - If either previously done, forward results for review. This is a one time requirement, unless otherwise ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

So you've seen me??

;)

Advertisement