Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SGU 2x02 "Aftermath"

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the gates have a subspace link anyway.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Correlative_update_system

for gating home they said early on Destiny originaly had the capacity to dial the gate back to earth (ie. 9 chevrons) but has become derelict.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Overheal wrote: »

for gating home they said early on Destiny originaly had the capacity to dial the gate back to earth (ie. 9 chevrons) but has become derelict.

Sub space link equals multi season science stuff equals rush going mad and eli putting M.I.T knowledge together plus (future seeder seed ship knowledge) ascended franklin and dead rush knowledge to the multi gateway home :p

did ya ever wish after a few beers sg was real and you were a member :(

Just checked out that link. SG1; that program only happens once in a blue moon tho. When stellar drift, if affecting the position of the gates. if I rememer the episode correctly.

If I was interpreting Rushy correctly in the last epidode what he was refereing to was a real time link to the gates. As in "Destiny" knew the current status of the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yeah but i figure Destiny was designed that way, whereas gates are only designed to do it every century or so.

yeah but i figure Destiny was designed that way, whereas gates are only designed to do it every century or so.

I'm thinking of the big picture tho. Why does it know what the gates are doing and why is there no DHD adjacent to the gates. Maybe the Terrans figured out some way to interlink each wormhole so they would have a way back home. Mulit-console bridge, ship not supposed to be on auto-piolot. Very much doubt a suicdie mission, they could just dial in and download all the data. Only a corriodor or anulus's. Must be something to it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I thought now that Rush is able to control when jumps are made that it is a short step for him to be able to control direction. I would say he will be forced to turn the ship around which reminds me of my old man when we were younger and going on trips "I will turn this car right around!!!".

So Rush turns the ship around, probably because
    Chloe is turning into an alien and perhaps Rush is too
    . Hence they get to reintroduce those alien dudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭GarethWA

D-Generate wrote: »
    I thought now that Rush is able to control when jumps are made that it is a short step for him to be able to control direction. I would say he will be forced to turn the ship around which reminds me of my old man when we were younger and going on trips "I will turn this car right around!!!".

So Rush turns the ship around, probably because
    Chloe is turning into an alien and perhaps Rush is too.
    Hence they get to reintroduce those alien dudes.

I can't imagine those aliens not knowing where destiny is at the moment...
    I think they know, and they are biding their time:
    Perhaps waiting for Chloe to go all alien-ish and turn on the humans?

So Rush turns the ship around,
    probably because Chloe is turning into an alien and perhaps Rush is too.
    Hence they get to reintroduce those alien dudes.

Dude, that you probably should have put spoiler tags on it. That info is from the teaser, not the episode in question, and should be blacked out!
    (I've done it in the quote so people won't get mad at me either)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I didn't even know it was in the teaser as I haven't seen it, thought it was a logical assumption based on what we have seen already. Oh well, guess now I know what is in the teaser too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

I didn't even know it was in the teaser as I haven't seen it, thought it was a logical assumption based on what we have seen already. Oh well, guess now I know what is in the teaser too!
    I was about to say that too! I assumed it was a guess from the first episode when she suddenly healed up. It would seem the most likely explanation, but now we know its in a teaser, so, good guess!! :D

• Advertisement

GarethWA wrote: »
    I can't imagine those aliens not knowing where destiny is at the moment...
    I think they know, and they are biding their time:
    Perhaps waiting for Chloe to go all alien-ish and turn on the humans?

When those aliens attacked Destiny in between galaxys i'm nearly sure they came from the direction Destiny was facing :eek:

somuj wrote: »
    When those aliens attacked Destiny in between galaxys i'm nearly sure they came from the direction Destiny was facing :eek:

But Rush mentions that they had been trying to get aboard destiny for longtimes! Also their ship that was abandoned on the desert planet?

I don't particularly think the direction they came out of FTL is any indicator of where they came from.

Advertisement