Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a KFC near the Aviva?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shotcaller

Surely the question should be why does the OP want to go to a KFC in the first place! :P </joke>

All the stuff about the name of the stadium is incredibly boring. Landsdown road is the name of the road the stadium is on. Aviva have paid (a lot of money) to the IRFU and the FAI to have their name associated with it. In a few years, Guinness might give money to have their name on it. Though they're an English company now, and prob won't be allowed as it's alcohol.

Cavehill Red, just stop being a tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

MrStuffins wrote: »
    So, let me get this straight.......... you support a foreign sport. And you support different European leagues in this foreign sport.

No, I follow a global sport.
    And the only team from the Republic of Ireland you DO support has the name of a Japanese car manufacturer emblazoned on it's shirt.................

Yes, they do, but you know something? I never refer to the team by the name of a Japanese car, and I don't think any other fan does either.
    BTW, are you suggesting I support more than one team in the League of Ireland? I think it's common that most people would follow one team in any given league, no?
    But you have a problem with Aviva?

No, I'm sure they're a fine insurance firm. But they didn't buy me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No, I follow a global sport.

Aviva are a global brand

It's quite obvious what kind of mind i am dealing with here so i shall stop.

Some people just can't handle the real world!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Aviva are a global brand

So what if they are?
    Is Lansdowne Road a global stadium or an Irish one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

novarock wrote: »
    Aviva gave irish sport €40 million for the right to call it that... Seriously get over it

That doesn't mean we have to call it that though. The Europa League Final is on in a stadium off Lansdowne Road next year, but it's not in the Aviva Stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Shouldn't KFC be IFC, seeing as it's fried here? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,196 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

testicle wrote: »
    That doesn't mean we have to call it that though. The Europa League Final is on in a stadium off Lansdowne Road next year, but it's not in the Aviva Stadium.

You don't have to call anything anything.

But getting your knickers in a twist over good business is ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Seriously, its the Aviva stadium to a lot of people, you knew what he meant and being pigheaded about the whole thing didnt help anyone.

I bet youd feel annoyed if the time your talking about landsdown road and someone says "o im sorry, I dont know what place, I only know the aviva stadium".

Quite simply put, its all well and good when you want to use the old name for tradition and heritage sake, just dont be a dick to other people because they want to use to official name(and yes i know by Uefa its Dublin stadium).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thread is closed until I'm home from work.

Cavehill - get yourself a good defence together, I have a feeling you might need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thread is closed until I'm home from work.

Cavehill - get yourself a good defence together, I have a feeling you might need it.

Not required.

He was trolling, it's as simple an open and shut case as I've seen.

In light of that, and as a warning to others who may think about doing similar in future, I think a one month ban is required here.

The reason for that is because there the user in question trolled a few posters, and dragged the thread completely off topic in doing so.

We don't put up with that crap around here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement