Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homing pigeon found in Offaly

Options
  • 06-10-2010 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

My dad found a pigeon near Killeigh in Co. Offaly last weekend limping around my grandmothers back yard. He tried to pick it up but everytime he went near it the little thing took flight and it has unfortunately died sincefrown.gif

We don't know anything about birds but I was told it was probably a racing/homing pigeon. In any case, I would like the owner to know about it, as he/she is probably waiting for the bird to arrive home.

The blue tag on the birds foot reads:
    N11114 IHU09

Having googled it, IHU stands for Irish Homing Union and '09 would be year he was born
    The rest is ID but I don't know where to go from hereconfused.gif

PS, I have also posted this in Nature and birdwatching so if mods feel need to move/ delete one thread please do

user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

Comments

Advertisement