Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good offers around for short term accommodation

Options
  • 06-10-2010 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

I have just started college in Dublin and it seems rents are still so expensive over here unless you are willing to share with lots of people (not my thing). I can see though that some hotels are offering bedrooms for long lets during the week which works out probably cheaper than renting an apartment. I had a viewing yesterday at the Ardmore Hotel which is close to town and extremely close to DCU. They do a weekly rate of €125 which also includes free wifi and then over the weekend I can go back home in Cork. The bedrooms were lovely and the area is just perfect. Has anyone done something like this before? It sounds quite good but any input would be appreciated. Oh forgot to mention, they also provide free car parking should I want to bring my car, that's something that in most areas in town you can't get.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

A few practicalities to think on:

Does it come with a fridge/food storage & prep area?
    If you have to eat out for all your meals, it could add up quickly.

You'll be living out of your case, as you'll have to haul all your belongings up & down to Cork every week. This could get very tiresome.

How will it work out if you need to stay up over the weekend to work on projects coming up to deadlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lisasimps

id say it would be good if you had friends you could crash with from time to time when you need to stay up.

Advertisement