Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

140 bus route

Options
  • 06-10-2010 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hello

I am considering changing jobs. The new opportunity is in the city centre.
    I live in the finglas area.
    I have checked on Dublin Bus and happy days, the 140 seems to run pretty much door to door, maybe 30 mins walking (15 mins either side)
    So not too bad.

My question is - and this is directed at people who do the trip daily - how long does it take the bus to get from Finglas Village to Leeson Street in the morning at say eight am?
    I know the website says it is X miles at Y mins, but that does not consider dublin traffic.
    So the cold hard facts, if I start work at 9am, what time do I need to get the bus.

ALSO, the RETURN journey commute time in evening rush hour traffice would be helpful too...

THANK YOU fellow commuters!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well from Lanesborough (at the back of FAS on the Jamestown Road) to College Green it used to take 55 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Depends on the time.

At peak times I would say 45 minutes.

Off-peak times about 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I don't take the bus regularly, but when I do the bus is always quite full by the time it hits the village bus stop and that bus stop is usually quite packed (although other buses do stop there). Depending on where you're coming from it may be worth while walking a little further to McKelvey Road.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

where is the job and what time are you starting at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

datk wrote: »
    I don't take the bus regularly, but when I do the bus is always quite full by the time it hits the village bus stop and that bus stop is usually quite packed (although other buses do stop there). Depending on where you're coming from it may be worth while walking a little further to McKelvey Road.

Yep, usually the 8.00 and 8.15 bus is packed by the time it gets to the village with schoolkids going to vincents. Sometimes it even drives past the bus stop in the village as its too full. Id go with the 7.30 / 7.45 bus. Less kids and less school traffic. You may be early for work but get any bus after that you will be late

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Slunk wrote: »
    Yep, usually the 8.00 and 8.15 bus is packed by the time it gets to the village with schoolkids going to vincents. Sometimes it even drives past the bus stop in the village as its too full. Id go with the 7.30 / 7.45 bus. Less kids and less school traffic. You may be early for work but get any bus after that you will be late

isint the 140 every 10 mins?
    if so the OP can pick the 7.30/7.40 or 7.50 bus.

if i had a 15 min walk from Leeson Street and had to be in work at 9am then i would be getting to the bus stop at the village for the 7.30/7.40 bus.

maybe for the first few days get the 7.30 bus which will hit the village around about 7.40 give or take just to judge travel times etc....dont wana be late on your first day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not sure of the exact times as I do be there at different times every morning but like you said, Id get a bus before 8am if you want any chance of making it on time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

Thank you everyone... about 1 hr travel time is what I expected.
    i'm so spoilt right now I've a TEN minute commute - the thoughts of going back to the bus to town is crippling me. But it's a permanent position versus my current contract so so so so so ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Moved to Town Forum.

Advertisement