Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasta of Emilia on Liffey St, Dublin - recommend?

Options
  • 06-10-2010 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,

Two people have recommended Taste of Emilia's on Liffey street to me recently and I want to check it out when I have a friend visiting this weekend. She's vegetarian, and while I know Italian food is usually a safe bet, I want to make sure.

I can't find any online versions of their menus, so could any of you foodies who have been tell me if a) you'd recommend the place anyway, and b) whether you'd bring a veggie friend?

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I've only heard good things about this place. Never been myself though!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

I'd certainly recommend it, it's quite small and cosy and is authentic Italian. I'm a vegetarian, and I generally just go for the pasta (I know, I'm not very adventurous, am I?). The pasta's very flavoursome, but then again once pesto is in something I usually instantly like it.

I never honed in much on finding out what veggie dishes they have, bar the pasta, but they do have veggie options. It's definitely worth a try, the staff are really nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭ivy tilsley

Great, thanks for the replies. I'll try it out and report back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭ivy tilsley

Well, we had a look in Taste of Emilia's at the weekend but didn't end up eating there. It seems they do short eats like bruscetta, panini etc, but there weren't any dinner type items on the menu we were given. I asked the very pleasant lady if there was another and she told me that no, this was it (in fact, she said "no pasta" a few times. I didn't ask for pasta but maybe that's what people request).

I think it looked really good and I will head in again and try it for lunch, but since we were hoping for an evening dinner we went to Yamamori instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

The food is delicious but the portions are tiny. It's also quite pricey. One glass of wine at €6.50 really is a lot in this climate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement